TTop manufacturer in Mass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTop manufacturer in Mass

Any one in the mass area no of a good t top fabricator?

thanks
    3N2, 76 mako 23, marblehead, ma[br]

If I'm not mistaked, Arktek (sp) Marine on this board is from either Mass. or CT. I think I recall him saying that he would give folks a discount from this board.
    SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

Fullcount-

Here is a list of t-top manufacturers in our area.

1) Redman Manufacturing (redmanmarinemanufacturing.com)

Saco, Maine.....pretty nice stuff, reasonable prices

2) Wilson's Welding, Salisbury, MA - pretty basic t-tops. Does most of all the t-tops in Newburyport area

3) Kent-Fab Engineering, Norwell, MA - does some pretty nice aluminum work. Eric Kent is the owner....they did the casting platform on my Mako.

4) J&J Fabrication - Falmouth, MA - very high end fabricator down on the Cape.....very expensive.

There are also a bunch of other t-tops guys down in the Plymouth area....who do nice work but their names escape me right now.

If you don't mind driving....I would either go with Redman Marine or Kent-Fab engineering.

Comment

I'll vouch for Kent Fab. They did work for me here on site that was not marine related. As a former metal worker in all phases of machine, sheet, and welding. The work they did was first class.
        2003 Boston Whaler 255 Conquest w/ twin 200 HPDI\'s. MA & ME

Comment

thanks a million for the leads. Ed i remember a t top manufacturer in plymouth that had a website, i am trying to remember their name but it also fails me. thanks
          3N2, 76 mako 23, marblehead, ma[br]

Comment

I'm pretty sure the fabricator in Plymouth is Fast Tech. I saw some of their work at the boat show, very nice but expensive.

Comment

hi all, we overbuild for what is expected.........our overhead is less than alot of shops....top shelf compontents..if we can help........just ask??? thanks jim..... www.arctekmarine.com []
              www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Comment

About 5 years ago I used a company called Capeway Welding Inc in Plymouth MA Phone 508-747-6666. Spoke directly with the President Ronald Peck. Long story short - this shop did all of the tanks for Boston Whaler when they were in Mass and they were still doing tanks for some of the big names when I used them. They are all certified Al welders and knew exactly what I needed from a sketch. But being an engineer, I took a ride to actually see the weld shop and that convinces me that they knew what they were doing as I have a metals / welding background. They installed the gas gauge sensor, presser tested, and also shot blasted the tank in preperation for the epoxy paint I put on the tank befroe going back into the "Hole" for another 28 years. I went from the standart 50 gallon (orginal 1973 Mako 22) to a larger tank (which I had the room for in the "Hole") that now holds 65 gallons with no poblems - a 30% incerease! Think I remember that the whole deal was about $550 with a week or so turn around time. Give them a call - it worked out great for me.
                1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

Working...
                X