Hey Ringleader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Ringleader

Ed there poking fun at you over on THT http://thehulltruth.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...1&m=1976076135

Just thought you should know []

Strick
    Oakley, California

Yeah, I saw that the other night. Looks better than my boat does!

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Must be one of those "high-capacity" heads...[]

18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One

(I know it's not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)

Time's fun when you're having flies!
      18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

Yea I know what you mean about having your boat torn a part. I'm in deep right now up to my elbows in epoxy. I'm glassing in my transom cap today and some of the fillets have to go upside down [] Lets see if i can post a pic on this site. Here is were I'm at right now.

Oakley, California

Comment

Strick,

Project looks great man, I have been following along on the CSC site. Would you happen to have any pics of the back side of the transom cap that would show the lip you built for the hatches to sit on?
          Greenwich, NJ[br]1976 22B

Comment

Yes, very strong work Strick.... Great job & keep us posted.

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Shep are you talking about this?

I just took a router to the transom cap which is 1" thick and routered out an area slightly larger then the hatch. The foam you see in the pic is the core cell which is sandwiched between layers if fiberglass in the transom cap. I then put a layer of fine cloth over the exposed core cell using cabosil as the adhesive. If I was smart I would have took the time to build in the recessed hatch areas into the original mold. This would have saved me tones of time trying to make it look nice. If that is not what you are talking about let me know. Strick
              Oakley, California

Comment

Thanks Strick, keep up the good work.
                Greenwich, NJ[br]1976 22B

Comment

Working...
                X