Livewell in 20 foot Mako ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livewell in 20 foot Mako ???

Hope you all can welcome a new member. Just got a 1986 20 foot Mako. It has a built in round livewell in the floor, but there is no pump, overflow fitting, aerator, etc. It has a valve in one of the floor hatches back at the transom. Since the well is below the waterline, it looks like you just open the valve and the well will flood, and when you get on plane the water will just drain out. Does anyone have experience with using this type of livewell and have some words of wisdom for what works and what doesn't? Thanks a lot!
    JB - Pennsauken/Waretown NJ[br]

JB,

I asked the same question and got some good information.

Do a search for "Live Well Question"
    Ron[br]26 Regulator CC[br] \"Blood Shot\"[br]Mt Laurel & Tuckerton NJ[br]www.bizprosolutions.com

Comment

I have essentially the same boat. Mine has a thru hull with an inline pump and you should have a faucet under the rear lip of the livewell which is used to regulate the flow of water into the well. Open the seacock and when you are running the water will flow into the well and when you are trolling the pump will keep it full of fresh water. It takes some adjusting to get it right, but when you do it works great.
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Thanks for the help. I did that search & found that I am not alone with this one. Looks like the best way to make it more functional is to add some plumbing. Sounds like a good winter project.[]

Comment

JB,

Where are you located in Tuckerton?

I keep my Mako there...
          Ron[br]26 Regulator CC[br] \"Blood Shot\"[br]Mt Laurel & Tuckerton NJ[br]www.bizprosolutions.com

Comment

We're at Cape Horn off Great Bay Boulevard.

Comment

JB,

You have email

Comment

Working...
              X