Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In search of clear windshield for 1987 231

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In search of clear windshield for 1987 231

    We bought our boat last year and it has a tinted windshield and I'd like to swap it out of a clear one. Anyone have one out there they'd like to sell or trade?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Get old glass out, powder coat frame, new glass in and new seals .

    Thats my recommendation
    1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

    Comment


    • #3
      quote:


      Originally posted by brando


      Get old glass out, powder coat frame, new glass in and new seals .

      Thats my recommendation



      Thanks Brando.

      I wish we had one of the metal window frames, it must be an aftermarket part on there because it is just a curved tinted plastic windshield.

      Which gets me to my next question, does anyone know where I can buy a custom windshield?

      Comment


      • #4
        UPD Plastics

        http://www.updplastics.com/mako-boat...-1990s-models/
        1992 211 w/175 OptiMax
        Glen Campbell, Pa.

        Comment


        • #5
          I may actually have one. Email me at thejeepuy87 at gmail to remind me
          \'07 Mako 19 bay, sold[br]\'76 Mako 21, sold[br]\'77 Mako 21, dump[br]\'77 Mako 22, sold[br]\'80 Mako 23 WA, sold[br]\'82 Mako 21, sold[br]\'85 Mako 254 currently[br]\'78 J24 USA 292 (sold)[br]\'05 Melges 32 racing sailboat

          Comment


          • #6
            I just boat a 25 that has a perfect clear windshield. If its the same console I have what you need cuz Im not going to keep it. This one curves on each side to fit the curve on top of console. If you want pics/measurements let me know.

            Comment


            • #7
              On my 20c I removed the windsheild and had a roll down clear iesenglass. When running with it up on a nice summer day it was like the a/c was running. Roll down to stay dry and all is good.
              1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
              1985 Mako 20c - sold
              Fort Walton Beach, FL
              http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

              Comment


              • #8
                quote:


                Originally posted by radioman


                UPD Plastics


                http://www.updplastics.com/mako-boat...-1990s-models/


                Awesome, thanks Radio man

                Comment


                • #9
                  quote:


                  Originally posted by Tossedabout


                  I just boat a 25 that has a perfect clear windshield. If its the same console I have what you need cuz Im not going to keep it. This one curves on each side to fit the curve on top of console. If you want pics/measurements let me know.



                  That would be great, thank you! I'll send you a message

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    quote:


                    Originally posted by thejeepguy87


                    I may actually have one. Email me at thejeepuy87 at gmail to remind me



                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X