WTB old Mako 17 bait wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB old Mako 17 bait wells

Looking to buy a set of the external transom mounted bait wells for the old classic Mako 17. Or, if someone has the molds for them, I would consider a purchase there too. Thanks in advance.

Not sure if he would want to sell them, but Cooper671 has them on his 17 and who knows?
    1988 Mako 17 Angler 2019 Suzuki DF140[br]1972 Mako 17 Standard 115 Yamaha-Sold[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Megalops

Not sure if he would want to sell them, but Cooper671 has them on his 17 and who knows?

Thanks Megalops, but folks who fish, usually want them, and for good reason, because they greatly reduce porpoising in that hull. My 1975 had the wells and with one of the old E-rude 115's, (pretty danged heavy) only porpoised at WOT and in glassy calm conditions.

I would be running them dry on a 16 ft. Silver King, which was popped off a Mako 17 hull. The added length should help this little skiff span a chop better, for a smoother ride and hopefully reduce porpoising, which is bad on that hull, even with a 90 2-stroke Yamaha, which weighs about 90 lbs. less than that old 115 E-rude I had on the Mako. Run dry, I am also hoping these wells would act sort of like sponsons, to help buoy the added weight of an eventual 4-stroke engine that I'll someday need.

Comment

Working...
      X