WBT a Mako 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBT a Mako 25

Hey guys, I have been chewing over buying a 25 for quite some time now and have been looking around for a while for one that is right for me without to much luck. The layout of the boat really suits what my family and I like to do, especially with all the seating up front and is still a great boat if I just want to go fishing. I dont want a project hull, though I do know a boat with that kind of age is going to need some work. I dont have the budget for a totally redone boat but I think I can get something in halfway decent shape that gives me the ability to pick at issues vs needing to address many right off the bat. I would prefer single power I dont stay far enough away to warrant twins. I am in no rush and am willing to wait for the right boat. My 21b is a great boat that does almost everything I ask of it. I am starting to notice as the kids grow and we take more stuff and friends come it's getting a little tight. If anyone knows of one that may be available I would appreciate it.

Current
    '76 Mako 25 w/ '03 300 Yamaha HPDI
    Previous
    '85 Mako 21B w/ '94 225 yamaha
    '73 Mako 19 w/ '96 112spl Evinrude
    Brick, NJ

How far are you willing to travel. I've seen a few here in Florida, but it may be a bit far.
    '90 Tuppens 231 Polk City, FL

Comment

That is farther than ideal but for the right boat I am not against it.

Current
      Previous
      Brick, NJ

Comment

I don't see any 25's right now but here's a couple decent looking 23's:

https://ocala.craigslist.org/boa/d/f...750591595.html

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/...747184819.html

Comment

Check this one out! Maybe with a look.

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl...ko-251/6721843

Comment

Thanks for the links. A 23 is really not much larger than the 21, only about 17 inches. If I am going to do this I want a bigger step up. And I really like the layout of the late 70s early 80s 25. The layout of the other 25ft Makos just dont suit what I do as well.

Current
            Previous
            Brick, NJ

Comment

This one's a 25, I posted it already but when I click the link it didn't work for me so here it is again.

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl...721843446.html

Comment

I have a 1976 25 CC for sale. It is twins though. Email me and Ill send details if interested. Could always take one of the motors off and re rig just one of them. They are 225s. So one will run the boat ok. Thats what they came with new.
                Ron Hilliard[br]

Comment

Hey Boater33, I am interested in learning more about your boat and see if it's for me. I saw your classified add and will contact you there.

Current
                  Previous
                  Brick, NJ

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by fandarr

Hey guys, I have been chewing over buying a 25 for quite some time now and have been looking around for a while for one that is right for me without to much luck. The layout of the boat really suits what my family and I like to do, especially with all the seating up front and is still a great boat if I just want to go fishing. I dont want a project hull, though I do know a boat with that kind of age is going to need some work. I dont have the budget for a totally redone boat but I think I can get something in halfway decent shape that gives me the ability to pick at issues vs needing to address many right off the bat. I would prefer single power I dont stay far enough away to warrant twins. I am in no rush and am willing to wait for the right boat. My 21b is a great boat that does almost everything I ask of it. I am starting to notice as the kids grow and we take more stuff and friends come it's getting a little tight. If anyone knows of one that may be available I would appreciate it.

Comment

I am still on the hunt, had a couple elude me. I have been scowering the usual online places trying to be patient. If anyone knows of one I would appreciate a heads up. I am looking for an older 25 not a 254 or 251.

Current
                      Previous
                      Brick, NJ

Comment

Here's a few

https://longisland.craigslist.org/bo...811221820.html

https://longisland.craigslist.org/bo...810250129.html

Good luck.
                        Thanks, Mr. Happy
                        Home waters - LBI NJ
                        1997 Mako 232

Comment

I may pursue another direction after this summer and I may be looking to move down to a 21....I would certainly let you know if you are still interested. I love my 25!
                          quote:

I am still on the hunt, had a couple elude me. I have been scowering the usual online places trying to be patient. If anyone knows of one I would appreciate a heads up. I am looking for an older 25 not a 254 or 251.

1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Comment

Mr Happy Thanks for the leads, I missed the one on Long Island.

Rustyolddad please let me know if and when your ready to sell. If I am still looking I would be interested, and I would have a 21 I will be looking to sell...

Current
                            Previous
                            Brick, NJ

Comment

Sure, do you have a link with any pictures of your 21b?

My boat is found here: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=59016
                              quote:

Mr Happy Thanks for the leads, I missed the one on Long Island.

Rustyolddad please let me know if and when your ready to sell. If I am still looking I would be interested, and I would have a 21 I will be looking to sell...

1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Comment

Working...
                              X