Wheres all of the 254 project hulls??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheres all of the 254 project hulls??

I used to see these fairly regularly. Now Im searching and searching for a 25 or a 254 and cant find anything. In NC willing to travel. If anyone sees one please holla!

The only ones i can find people want 10k+ for with engines from the 90s and no work done
    *on the hunt for a 241/261*[br]1989 Mako 210 (sold and missed)

Comment

I may know of a walk around in the keys

No trailer engine is shot has not mo ed on 10 years
      20 Seacraft MA undergoing some work[br]

Comment

I can't speak for others, but in my case, I really have no desire to sell unless I get my price. I know that is being blunt, but she is everything I need; attractive, extremely sea worthy, and can't be easily replaced. There are diminishing numbers of them on the market because of age as well as current owners feeling as I do.

If you have an opportunity to get one, take it. Your project doesn't have to start with a total rebuild and new power. Pay a little more, run it as a couple years, and modify it to suit you while you enjoy it.

Just my opinion.
        Ole Joe
        Just floundering around
        White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
        1978 Mako 25

Comment

Flounder,I feel the same way about my 21 deep vee. I rebuilt it from ground up and hung a new motor on it. I know what its worth and wont sell it for just what I have in new power. I enjoyed the rebuild process .

There are a few for sale but what people are asking is crazy. I say that because either the motors are old and will need replacing and/or everything is original with wet foam shot floor transom etc.

I had the chance to get a 254 and I messed up by backing out. My 21 is a great boat but I need a 25. Joints cant take the beating I get in the 21. Love the boat though.

I will pounce on yall he next project 254 I find.

Comment

This guy had a 79 25 for sale for a while i believe he still has it and wanted less then 10 with a running engine but not really for me. 443-871-0074

Comment

Larry: I searched for my 25 for three years. Always gauging fair prices, drive and resale. Finally I found the cream puff I was looking for and really didn't let the price influence me. Yes I paid less than ten, yes I drove 500 miles overnight to be their first. Yes I have an engine from the 90's. But I can tell you the foam is a dry as popcorn fart, the gel coat s***** like the day it was laid and the motor still runs like the day it was installed. I think Joe nailed it, you can't just find awesome entry levels for these hulls everyday. If you do, then bonus.

I worked in the muscle car industry for many years and when a "classic" comes on the market people are wiling to pay for what isn't produced anymore. I have seen classic cars rotted to the ground selling for 10 times their initial build price. If I love that boat, and they don't make em like that anymore.....I guess I will pay a little extra to own a classic. Remember, money has no value unless you are spending it....just my $0.02
              quote:

Originally posted by flounder

I can't speak for others, but in my case, I really have no desire to sell unless I get my price. I know that is being blunt, but she is everything I need; attractive, extremely sea worthy, and can't be easily replaced. There are diminishing numbers of them on the market because of age as well as current owners feeling as I do.

If you have an opportunity to get one, take it. Your project doesn't have to start with a total rebuild and new power. Pay a little more, run it as a couple years, and modify it to suit you while you enjoy it.

Just my opinion.

1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Comment

Have a 1987 254 listed , eastern Connecticut craigslist

Comment

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/boa...715477581.html

Comment

I'm not gonna hi-jack this thread, but...Rusty - Rusty, Shoo-wee.

That was the find of the century...and less than 10. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Larry,

It just goes to show you, you never know until you turn the stone(s) over what's underneath. I would'a bet against Rusty and I'll bet against you, but there may be another one out there.

However, I kinda think I would be on the next Amtrac headed to new London.

Jack,

If he does, you owe me a coffee.
                    Ole Joe
                    Just floundering around
                    1978 Mako 25

Comment

think of the Mako 25ft hulls as the early camaro's of center console boats

try and find a running and driving 67-72 camaro for $10,000?

they are out there but few and far between
                      76 25 \"Aenigma\"[br]73 17[br]Richland/Long Beach, MS[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14182[br][br]17 project[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56176

Comment

I didnt mean to offend when i put the price in there i was more so talking about boats that needed transoms and had original tanks for over 10k with a running motor

Comment

No...No John, none taken on my end and I doubt others would be offended. All these boats are gonna need engines, tank, and transom work at some point. And with age, the probability goes up. But that does not necessarily mean all those items have to have it right now, at time of purchase.

I could be wrong, but I think some purchases are missed because the buyer assumes he will have to take care of all these major items before he even gets to use the boat. Not to say he shouldn't measure where he might end up, but if it ain't broke and he ain't gonna fix it, then I think he might be cheating himself because the expenses will actually be spend out over the long haul.

But, if the buyer is looking at the purchase as a restoration project, then of course he would (and should) view it in totality.

With regard to these 25' hulls a lot of the pricing boils down to market availablity. Because they are getting scarace I think they are worth more. Did I tell you I was a little prejudiced.[]
                          Ole Joe
                          Just floundering around
                          1978 Mako 25

Comment

I had a 1969 Camaro RS/SS when I graduated high school...man I wish I still had that car!

Nobody offended me[]

Just like talking about my 25[8D]
                            quote:

Originally posted by ssfishx

think of the Mako 25ft hulls as the early camero's of center console boats

try and find a running and driving 67-72 camero for $10,000?

they are out there but few and far between

1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Comment

Guess I never really gave enough thought to the market/availability and its effect on prices. Im not even picky. I enjoy rebuilding the old ones so even a stripped down hull suits me. I wonder how many miles Ive put on Craigslist ads! #129322;. If one pops up I WILL find it!

Comment

Working...
                              X