• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Mako 261 For Sale with ALL the extras

1989 Mako 261 Center Console

Hook (Boat name) - Call David at (843) 683-7653

Twin 200 HP Yamaha Salt Water II Series 2-stroke engines

I'm offering this boat with thousands of dollars of gear to go with it, including tri-axle trailer - everything I have!! If you're looking for a turn-key ride, this boat is for you.

This is the old-school Mako hull beam is eight feet, seats eight, and the hull is heavy with the tabs down and the engines purring, shell plow through rough seas like a tank. Open her up on flatter water and shell fly. You can repower with twin 250HP four strokes and shell really fly!!

Includes Tri- axle trailer and chrome diamond plate mud guards. If you plan to trailer, instead of leave in water, there is a place on HHI that will service bearings and hydraulic brakes. Lights on trailer installed new last year. I keep the boat in the water.

Engines are '98 Yamaha salt water series 2-strokes. Rebuilt last year. All new seals, water pumps, etc.

Filled in transom on stern of vessel.

Added Armstrong Flotation Bracket

Has cobia tower on t-top - not powered

Changed t-top to black some years ago. I clean and waterproof it every spring. Zipper in T-Top on front steps needs to be replaced.

Added large deck hatch for bilge.

Redundant 2000 gph bilge pumps - new.

Bait well is in floor, which I love. Added twin 1200 gph bait pumps; one pumps water in, the other pumps out, as controlled by a float switch inside the well. Works like a champ - keep baits alive for a couple of days if you don't overload well.

Bought a new switch panel from marine liquidators in FL and had an marine electrician redo all the wiring for me. Looks sharp.

Added Ray Marine C-120 Screen, has 2017 Nav card. GPS. Did not install radar - can be added. Added Ray Marine 1000K transducer in bilge. Added awesome spot on front of t-top - controlled from helm.

Added tilting stainless steering wheel with ball handle.

Added Sportfish 450 Windlass. I pull the anchor with a ball on a large stainless caribbeaner and then once I float the anchor, I pull it to the boat with the windlass (new foot switch on bow). Windlass rebuilt last year, new motor installed. Control at helm. 300' rode, 20' chain, new plow anchor.

Inside center console, completely rewired by marine electrician - added new battery switches (2), a third battery and a built-in battery charger.

I have reef anchor with rode, spare anchor with rode, three extra rodes, multiple buoys, balls, mooring lines, etc..

Redid lights last spring - all new bulbs. Added T-top lights and spreader lights. Cooler under leaning post. I have a huge 150 qt cooler for trips when I want a bench in the back and move it to the bow to fish. I looked at adding a folding bench at stern - pretty pricey, can be done.

Added bluetooth stereo last spring, usb charger in switch panel for phones and new speakers (4).

I have a old 4-man life raft - needs to be re-certified. I bought it years ago and never did it. I also have tackle, at least six cast nets (two are taped for deep holing), life jackets and a large tackle box full of fuses, screws, nuts, bolts, wire, tools ... pretty much anything marine you can think of on the water to make repairs in a pinch. Oils, lubricants, soaps all stored in boxes in rear gunnels.

Four rod holders in aft gunwales plus two additional Lees outrigger holders (gunnels - I use as rod holders), Four rod holders on leaning post, five on T-Top.

Triple outriggers - two 18 footers on the outside with rigging packages, center rigger - 12'.

Added black sunbrella cover for leaning post and center console and snap covers for each rod storing gunnels. Floor storage on starboard and port. Need new locks if you plan to lock gear in there - I use starboard as a fish box and the other for chum churn, deck brushes, gaffs. Note they drain into the bilge - I bleach down after use (only big fish, so not that often).

New water pump for wash-down port aft.

Radio with mic in electronics box overhead - speaker mounted on dash next to compass.

I removed the old windshield and boxes in the dash and had a custom made plexi shield in St. Pete FL. Looks sharp. Windshield has a crack. Black plexi glass on console.

New Racor fuel water seperators with clear bowls and drains installed last year.

Sanded outboard bracket, primed with interlux and then four coats of high-end interlux bottom paint. Had entire bottom professionally sanded, primed and then two coats of high end interlux bottom paint.

All new zincs. Just installed new plates and zincs on trim tabs - they are hydraulic.

Bow cushions are new and I have two large Light green and white bean bags for comfort travel.

Removed Teak trim around gunnels and front anchor box. Sanded, primed with interlux and painted with black semi-gloss interlux - two coats. Gunnels contain rod holders, black custom sunbrella snap on covers.

I have plenty of other stuff in a garage in Hilton Head to go with it - buckets, extra parts, ropes, lines, bait nets, knives, rags, catch nets, six or more cast nets, tackle, leader, line, lures, and so on. The offshore rods I have are shimano - I rebuilt all of the reels with better braking systems and custom large handles. All spooled with 50 lb braid. Lots of other smaller saltwater spinning rods, varying sizes and a couple of big rods. Finally, the boat is moored in Windmill Harbour on Hilton Head Island, SC - a private gated community with a lock-controlled harbour.

See photos here: https://hiltonhead.craigslist.org/bo...699879386.html

Call David - (843) 683-7653.

If you want a turn-key boat with all the gear, tackle, etc., I'm asking $22,000 OBO - that's everything I have saltwater related.

Give me a call - awesome deal!!!

Thanks,

David

(843) 683-7653

[img][/img][img][/img]
    David Stebbing
Working...
X