• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restored Mako 17 For Sale

FOR SALE

1977 Mako 17 (Restored)

DESCRIPTION

This boat is a true classic center console from an era when Makos were built like tanks. This boat certainly lived up to that structural standard when I bought it in 2008; no structural damage, and everything was sound. I then underwent a 4 year restoration process with it, finishing in 2012. Everything on this boat has been replaced: new stainless hardware, new wiring, custom fuel tank, steering cable, fuel lines, dual batteries, throttle, VRO system, GPS, stereo system, custom teak accents, new bench/cooler seat, etc. The old center console configuration has been replaced with a larger and better suited console from a 1994 Mako 171.

The boat received a completely new paint job as part of the restoration process. It was stripped; hardware and cosmetic holes filled, and completely sprayed with the Interlux Paint system components: Perfection (Flag Blue) topsides, Micron CSC (Shark White) bottom, Brightside (Mediterranean White) decks, Interdeck (Shark White) non-skid surfaces, Bilgekote (Shark White) bilge. 2 White vinyl boot stripe.

In 2017, the boat was repowered with a one-owner; dealer maintained 1996 Johnson Oceanrunner 90hp motor with ~400 hours. I purchased it from a friend who owned Palmers Cove Marina in Mystic, CT: one of the oldest Johnson OMC dealers in Connecticut. This motor looks brand new, and runs like a top.

The boat has received a custom detail job from Bottoms Up Detail in Marshfield, MA every spring, and has been stored inside at their facility each winter. The boat comes with one used and one brand new Mako OEM factory trailer delivery cover, and a 2002 Load Rite trailer with new tires that sees salt water splashes only twice a year.

All the details are listed below, but please feel free to be in touch with any questions. I have all records for this boat, and will give them to the buyer in both paper and digital formats. The boat is in the water ready for a sea trial and sale to the buyer who will give her as much love as I have.

Offered at $13,500.

Also included for Boston area buyers: A 150lb mooring and dinghy in the Charles River Basin next to the Longfellow Bridge. Paid through November 2018.

See details below. Photos of the finished boat can be found here (I also have full restoration pics):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NvWMiQngZUnSWDTj7

SPECIFICATIONS

Length: 17-0

Beam: 7-2

Hull Draft: 7

Transom height: 20

Weight: 1,400lbs

Fuel Capacity: 20 Gal.

Horsepower: 90hp

MOTOR/FUEL

1996 Johnson Oceanrunner 90hp w/~420 hours.

Four-blade stainless steel prop. Boat cruises at 3,500rpm @25mph easy.

2014 BRP/OMC Binnacle control.

2015 OEM BRP OMC Johnson/Evinrude 1.8 Gallon Oil Tank assembly.

2018 SeaStar NFB Safe-T II Rotary Steering System.

New 20 Gal custom .125 aluminum fuel tank w/two baffles manufactured by Merri-Mar Yacht Basin in Newburyport, MA. Tank is mounted via tabs on fiberglass beams in coffin, and there is an inspection port in new marine-ply and fiberglass coffin lid (for access to sender, vent, and fill).

Moeller Marine fuel sender.

All new vent and fuel lines.

ELECTRONICS

Lowrance Elite Gold 5 GPS/Fishfinder w/internal antenna (includes water temp & speed)

Sony CDX-HS70MW Marine Stereo w/iPod Connection.

Pioneer TS-MR1640 Marine Speakers (6-1/2).

Poly-Planar MA4054 Marine Speakers (4).

Johnson 3.5 Aqua Jet 12v Washdown Pump.

Sahara 500 Automatic Bilge Pump.

Perko Marine Battery Switch.

Dual Marine Batteries.

Blue Sea Systems ST Blade Fuse Block, 12 Circuits with negative bus and cover.

Perko shark-eye port/starboard navigation lights.

Perko white anchor lights.

Perko deck lights (2).

Ritchie compass (backlit).

Dual USB charging port.

Mako Marine OEM gauge panel.

Teleflex International Series gauges: trim/tilt, fuel, water temp, engine water (all are backlit, and work).

BRP Tachometer w/System Check (backlit, and working).

Mako Marine OEM breaker panel w/12v outlet.

Marine wiring, shrink-fit connectors.

Marine horn (the only electronic item I havent replaced on the boat!).

FEATURES

Custom teak anchor locker hatch.

Custom teak Mako Shark step pads.

Teak burgee staff.

Mahogany ensign staff.

Custom white-on-white Mako emblem on front of console.

Large console live well (I currently have it plugged, and use it for storage).

Todd Enterprises swing-back bench seat with mahogany arms and cooler.

2 aft storage hatches/fishboxes.

4 stainless rod holders on top (rocket launcher style).

8 console-mounted rode holders.

Salt water wash-down pump.

Taco Flex D-style rub rail.

Mako 17 placards (one is cracked, but I have replacements).

Flowmax ball scuppers.

Fire extinguisher and flare canister both mounted in bow locker.

TackleWebs mesh bag on console hatch.

15 stainless steel Destroyer wheel.

3 New England Ropes dock lines (black).

3 TaylorMade fenders with fender loc lines (all black).

TaylorMade navy rip-stop poly console and bench seat covers (new in 2018).

Mako Marine OEM dealer trailer covers (one new, one 5 years old).

Mako Marine OEM Bimini top (in great shape) with navy rip-stop poly cover.

Mako Marine OEM Full Console wrap-around sea cover (it basically wraps the boat from the anchor locker back to the console when you have the bimini up).

Mako Marine OEM bow rail (I took it off as part of the restoration, but stored it for resale).

I will include extra Interlux paint for all surfaces as part of the sale.

TRAILER

2002 Loat Rite single axel trailer model #17220090V

2,700lb capacity.

Full working light package.

Carpeted bunks.

Hull rolling guides on sides.

2 receiver hitch.

Never saw water (fresh or salt) until I purchased it in 2013. After that, two dunks per year to launch and haul the boat.

New Load Star 175/75 R13 tires in 2017.

I'm trying to upload images ASAP!

[img][/img]
    Kyle Sheffield[br]Cambridge, MA [br]1977 Mako 17 Restored[br]1996 Johnson Oceanrunner

Please feel free to email me directly if interested:

kyle.sheffield[at]gmail[dot]com

Thanks
    Kyle Sheffield[br]Cambridge, MA [br]1977 Mako 17 Restored[br]1996 Johnson Oceanrunner

Comment

VERY nicely done. GLWS.
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
      1985 Mako 20c - sold
      Fort Walton Beach, FL
      http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Thanks, Sailor! It was a lot of work over a lot of years, but loved getting everything just right....and I'm still married, to boot! []

Comment

BOAT WAS JUST SOLD FOR ASKING PRICE. []

Comment

Working...
          X