How to Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Price

How is the best way to determine a selling price? We are thinking about selling our 1996 17' CC Mako. It is in great shape but we just want something a little bigger.
    Karen Edrington[br]

Google the year & model. And then you are only seeing the asking price, not the actual selling price.

NADA I think gives you a pretty good indication also.
    1984 Mako 228 w/ 175hp E-Tec [br]1983 SeaRay 26\' Sundancer w/ 454 Big Block spinning Volvo DuoProps (Sold)[br]1989 Wahoo 17\' CC w/ 88hp Evinrude (vacationing in Key West)[br]

Comment

I always try break the boat apart (mentally) to get a good price range. For example, does it have a good trailer? Does it have a good t-top (or any t-top)? How old is the engine? How many working "gadgets" does the boat have? Is the boat structurally sound (i.e. transom)? Start thinking about the value of each and it will help you come up with a good range. Of course, looking on Craigslist will give you a general idea of what similar boats are going for.

Comment

I look at craigslist, boat trader, etc and see what others are asking so I can gauge the market listing prices and then go from there. there are of course regional differences.
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Working...
        X