Replacing a 236

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing a 236

We have a 236 and love it when the big weather comes, or the seas are just snotty. But we we miss having a CC big enough for the whole family, yet able to sneak into the shallows, or beach and explore one of the many coastal islands here on the coast of Maine (something I am not big on with the inboard). So what should I be focusing on? I have pondered the 231 and have heard great things about the 221's as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction? We do have a Classic 17, but that lends itself to less people on board, and generally flatter seas.

Maybe sell them both and start fresh? Or find the "right" big boat for the family. Give us your insight as Mako owners of all types- thanks in advance.
    12 Smokercraft[br]17 Mako CC[br]18 Marshall Sanderling[br]20 Ellis Sport Fisherman (sold)[br]21 Kencraft CC (sold)[br]236 Mako CC

The 231 or 221 will basically be the same size as the 236.

If you want to stick to a single outboard you could consider bumping up to a 25.
    ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Thanks Justin- I thought that at one point there was a sticky on this forum somewhere that had a comparison of models throughout the years?

it listed overall weight, deadrise and such, is that correct?
      12 Smokercraft[br]17 Mako CC[br]18 Marshall Sanderling[br]20 Ellis Sport Fisherman (sold)[br]21 Kencraft CC (sold)[br]236 Mako CC

Comment

https://www.makoboats.com/past-model-specs/

You can look around that link. This site also has many owner's manuals which also contain that info:

http://classicmako.com/manuals/
        ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

both similar boats and good choices for what you mentioned, but they both also come with the C-Pac console(not sure if your other model did) which I like way better then any of the other console designs.Can do a lot more with it, flush mount a ton of electronics and great access to electronics with the fold down door

Comment

Thanks Justin that was exactly what I wanted. I am always wondering when I see a particular model and year what the specs are.

Thank You!

Comment

Working...
            X