Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 Mako 21 CC $2000.00

Hey Mako Fans,

Found this little gem up in Jupiter. 79 Mako 21 in excellent shape. Bought it for the motor and now I want to sell the hull. Boat will be available for viewing this Saturday at Miami Beach. I am selling the HULL AND TRAILER ONLY. Electronics and motor will be removed and kept. Any questions, for more pics, or really anything you wanna chat about just email me or reply here.

Premium2go at gmail dot com

https://flic.kr/p/221GCWz

https://flic.kr/p/ZEgaZR

https://flic.kr/p/DSMCks

https://flic.kr/p/221GCND
    Rudy M

Someone posted this on thehulltruth.

I do not think that is a Mako hull.
    \'07 Mako 19 bay, sold[br]\'76 Mako 21, sold[br]\'77 Mako 21, dump[br]\'77 Mako 22, sold[br]\'80 Mako 23 WA, sold[br]\'82 Mako 21, sold[br]\'85 Mako 254 currently[br]\'78 J24 USA 292 (sold)[br]\'05 Melges 32 racing sailboat

Comment

Congrats on the purchase.

As noted, that is not a Mako.
      ROGUE I[br]1978 235 CC[br]Newburyport, MA[br]ROGUE II[br]1987 17\' Montauk[br]Camden, ME[br]

Comment

Saw that discussion on THT. Definitely not a Mako. Call me crazy, but it looks like a Bertram 20, or knockoff of one, to me.

Comment

Definitely not a Mako. I started the thread on THT. I was really tempted to buy it for the motor as well. Going to look at another Mako (real one) later today that needs a motor (bad powerhead) and this would have been an easy swap. I just did not want to be stuck trying to sell a boat and trailer

GLWS

Comment

I was on the THT thread as well.

I still want to know what it is.

It is not a Bertram either.
            \'07 Mako 19 bay, sold[br]\'76 Mako 21, sold[br]\'77 Mako 21, dump[br]\'77 Mako 22, sold[br]\'80 Mako 23 WA, sold[br]\'82 Mako 21, sold[br]\'85 Mako 254 currently[br]\'78 J24 USA 292 (sold)[br]\'05 Melges 32 racing sailboat

Comment

I don't necessarily think it's a legit Bertram, but do think it's a splash of that running surface. Looks like I/O conversion from the interior pictures on THT.

Comment

Definitely a conversion. The rounded transom gave it away for me that it was a conversion. Bertrams do not have those.

Comment

Hey all,

I looked at the stringer configuration and it doesn't look like it was an inboard... more like the transom was closed at some point.

I kept telling the guy "this isn't a mako"... but he kept insisting that it was and everything seem to match. Hopefully I didn't end up with a stolen boat. I mean the kid looked "honest", he's a fireman @ jupiter and where the boat was housed it was a WHOLE FAMILY of cops. LMAO

In any case... there isn't much room to loose money on this... as I didn't pay much. It does goes to show that your very first instinct is usually the right instinct. I have owned from Mako 5 boats already.... currently have 2 that I am working on... and as soon as I saw it I KNEW it wasn't a Mako... but he sold me and the paperwork matched, so I said "well maybe you still have a lot to learn".

I'll be sure to ask for a copy of this kid's ID... just in Case.

Well Mako gods, as always... THANK YOU. If ever you see me in the news, let this serve as evidence. LOL
                  Rudy M

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mako238WA

Hey all,

I looked at the stringer configuration and it doesn't look like it was an inboard... more like the transom was closed at some point.

I kept telling the guy "this isn't a mako"... but he kept insisting that it was and everything seem to match. Hopefully I didn't end up with a stolen boat. I mean the kid looked "honest", he's a fireman @ jupiter and where the boat was housed it was a WHOLE FAMILY of cops. LMAO

In any case... there isn't much room to loose money on this... as I didn't pay much. It does goes to show that your very first instinct is usually the right instinct. I have owned from Mako 5 boats already.... currently have 2 that I am working on... and as soon as I saw it I KNEW it wasn't a Mako... but he sold me and the paperwork matched, so I said "well maybe you still have a lot to learn".

I'll be sure to ask for a copy of this kid's ID... just in Case.

Well Mako gods, as always... THANK YOU. If ever you see me in the news, let this serve as evidence. LOL

It may not be stolen. It may just be they took a Mako to the junkyard or bought a title for a Mako from someone that totaled one and used it for an untitled boat they bought.

Comment

Working...
                    X