1990 230 B WA Mako for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 230 B WA Mako for sale

Hi, I am the original owner of the boat noted in the subject line above, a 1990 Mako 230B WA w a 2004 Evinrude 225 ETEC, (I had to sell it to a friend around '96 but when I got back on my feet I bought it back).

It was always kept in dry storage at Shield's Marina in St. Marks, Florida, where I bought the boat. They also have the service records.

As a family, when my sons were young (hence the WA), we participated in all the Mako tourneys including Walker's Cay, and went there several times in the boat on our own too. This was back when Ande Line was a sponsor and the guy from Ande Line ran the events. I wish I could remember his name as he was very nice. Our boat is featured along with my family in one of the Mako brochures from the 90's (I still have a copy of the brocure).

In 2014 I moved to Fernandina Beach, Fl, a little north of Jacksonville and shortly after moved the boat from St. Mark's to my driveway here.

It's really getting no in water use as I sold the F250 I trailered it with to my son who works for a boatbuilder in Bradenton, Fl.

So I run the motor with the hose, clean it up periodically from street dust and oak leaves, and try to keep it presentable.

If I was to summarize the boat I would say it's in good shape, the motor runs well (about 600 hours) and I have had it serviced, the trailer is in good shape, the hydraulic steering is new and the trim tabs have been serviced. I have the original owner's notebook plus the manuals for the add-ons and the service reports for the work I've had done here in Fernandina. I've all the cushions, and full curtains including back curtain.

What it needs is new electronics (I've left the old ones in place as it makes it easier to pull through the new wiring with the old wires, or in some cases the old power cables etc can be used), the teak worked on, and a good buffing and wax. Regarding the trailer, although the tires do not have any dry rot, they probably have a flat spot from sitting in the drive.

I'm not sure how to upload photos but I'll try or find out or if someone wants to tell me how to do that I followup with photos.

My asking price is $16,500. I really have no good idea how much the boat, motor (Evinrude ETEC 225 hp, 2004) is worth. I am negotiable, but would like to see it go to someone who appreciates a solid classic Mako and has the experience to bring it back to 100%.

My phone number is 850 559 0046 and my email is [email protected].
    Charlie D

gator, the Ande reps name is Bill Munro. He really made the trip go well. We made the trip in 1993. If you want to email your pictures to me I will post them for you. You can get my email in the member profile.
    1991 221 2006 250 ETEC Kinston NC

Comment

This factory bracketed walk around is a beaute....good luck with the sale!

Eric
      A wise man once said, "Son... if it has tits, tires or a transom... sooner or later it's gonna give you problems." -the old man

1972 Classic Mako 19
      https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...t-squot-ole-19

Comment

"Polelock", thanks for posting the photos for me and the compliment on the boat. It now needs to be cleaned up again which I take on in the next week or so.

"White Owl" thanks for the name of the Ande Line/Mako rep. It was a great group. I'll look and see what dates we went but 1993 may have been one of our trips.

charlie
        Charlie D

Comment

I have now created a Drop Box with all the recent photos I currently I have of this boat. If you would like access please send me an email and I will share with you.
          Charlie D

Comment

Very nice. Miss St. Marks and Shield's. Grew up fishing out of there.

Comment

Working...
            X