1994 Mercury 225 Carb - Blown Cylinder for Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Mercury 225 Carb - Blown Cylinder for Parts

I'll be posting parts on ebay and The Hull Truth shortly, but in the interim, I'll give the Mako clan first dibs.

I bought a set for my project; one of them had a cylinder that ran lean. I have a complete parts motor. Mercury 3.0 V6, 225HP. Serial Number 0G088964. The lower unit is counter rotating. It is disassembled (lower unit, harness and accessories are removed) but complete. I'll even throw in the engine stand it's sitting on.

I also have a set of Quiksilver 21Px14 stainless props. Other extra parts (besides those that can go with the complete motor): a set of cylinder heads, an extra long block that needs a cylinder sleeve, ignition module, stator, starter, oil tanks, controls for twins, shift/throttle cables, and battery cables. I'm in Charleston, SC. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested. I can sell parts, the whole motor, or a package deal for everything.

See next post for pictures.

Comment

See next post for pictures.

Comment

Try this link for pictures:

http://s350.photobucket.com/user/mug.../Mercury%20225

Comment

Is the engine wiring harness in good shape? I would be interested in it if so. This is the harness that is under the cowling and goes to the computer, coils etc
          [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Dave,the harness connector has been changed to a Deutch connector. You'll need the control harness as well to make it work.

Comment

This is still available. I'm open to offers to get it out of the garage.

Comment

The lower unit probably would not fit on a 99 optimax would it?

The props are 3 blade?
                \'07 Mako 19 bay, sold[br]\'76 Mako 21, sold[br]\'77 Mako 21, dump[br]\'77 Mako 22, sold[br]\'80 Mako 23 WA, sold[br]\'82 Mako 21, sold[br]\'85 Mako 254 currently[br]\'78 J24 USA 292 (sold)[br]\'05 Melges 32 racing sailboat

Comment

Most of this is still available. The spare engine is actually missing a piston (I wasn't aware it had been removed.....)

843-754-4725

Comment

I still have the engine, mid section, tilt assy, lower unit, and a spare block.

I'm moving to Florida and not taking this with me. Free to a good home, or someone who wants to haul it for scrap.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                    X