MAKO 261

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAKO 261

Im looking for a pre 1994 Mako 261. In any condition just let me know.
    Proud owner of a Mako 22

Campbells marine in somers point NJ has had one sitting on there lot for a couple years now looks solid.
    [br]Margate NJ[br]1989 Mako 211[br]2009 Etec 200 HO

Comment

The one at Cambells in Somerspoint Guy won't sell ,been sitting 7 years.said if he sold wouldn't be for less than 30 k. Good luck with that I said....

Comment

The one at Cambells in Somerspoint Guy won't sell ,been sitting 7 years.said if he sold wouldn't be for less than 30 k. Good luck with that I said....

Comment

I have a 261 in Hilton Head, SC. 1989. I've put $20K+ into it.
          David Stebbing

Comment

Send me some pics please and engines. How many hours etc. You know the important stuff. Also how is the hull and deck. Soft spots? Any info you can send me is greatly appreciated. Thanks
            quote:

Originally posted by Hook HHI

I have a 261 in Hilton Head, SC. 1989. I've put $20K+ into it.

Proud owner of a Mako 22

Comment

I am going to look at one tomorrow. It looks good in the pics but want know until I see it.only problm is it has twin 140'suzuki on it.I am kind of scared of that.

Comment

I wish I could just find a 261 hull. Most of the engines you find on old makos are just dead weight at this point and sellers think they have value. Twin engines from the the 1990s are not going to help me at all.
                Proud owner of a Mako 22

Comment

Saw this one today:

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/boa...325650110.html
                  1982 Whaler Montauk 90HP( sold)[br]1977 25 Mako CC 225HP

Comment

What is a 261 worth in good shape and good trailer?

Comment

Evidently I can't email because I haven't posted enough times. Shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I'll send you pics and info.

'89 hull, '99 Yamaha Saltwater Series engines - 2 stroke. Did a huge service on the engines this spring. All new gaskets, seals, pumps, etc. No soft spots on hull. Installed a windlass, good electronics (Ray Marine C120 with 1000K transducer). Radio, stereo, etc. I'll also include fishing gear, safety gear, life raft, pretty much everything you need. I have 6 or 8 cast nets, good rods, gaffs, coolers, buckets, etc. Also, I had an Armstrong Flotation bracket installed to move the motors 30" off the transom and then I filled in the transom. Dual 1200 gph bait pumps, dual bilge pumps, three batteries, built in battery charger, upgraded switch panel and so on.
                      David Stebbing

Comment

David I got your message and sent you an email. Thanks
                        Proud owner of a Mako 22

Comment

@ssrjt.... What is a Mako hull worth. I really cant say a number as there are so many factors that go into it. Just the original hull no trailer and no engines 3 to 4k is a guess depending on the condition. Could be worth more if repairs have been done along the way saving buyer from having to do it. Age and size of fuel tank will also play a role in determining the price Id be willing to pay for it. I rebuilt my Mako 22 from the ground up so I know how much everything costs now. I also guess location may play a factor in final sales price as well because shipping would be expensive.
                          Proud owner of a Mako 22

Comment

size of fuel tank will be pretty darn close in years 87-94' for example for a 261, but you seem to have a pretty good handle on possible expenses and man hours needed if you did your 22. You are right there are so many factors that will effect price, some sellers being unrealistic as well as buyers. Everyone wants a new transom and tank for example.Good luck with your search, in my experience, I haven't too lucky locally, but to find what you really want, have to willing to travel, haha

Comment

I've got a 1989 Mako 261 I'd sell very reasonable. Feel free to give me a call at 267-261-5257.

Thanks,

Jake

Comment

Working...
                              X