For Sale : 1978 Mako 25 - Completely Restored -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale : 1978 Mako 25 - Completely Restored -

I spoke with Marc today ( Username: CEADE),.... He's had a tough few years, lost both parents due to illness, and younger brother from a heart attack... His boat, which we finished in 2015 , is up for sale... He just hasn't had time to use it and has decided to sell it...

1978 Mako 25, Complete rebuild by Marc and I... Every inch of this boat has been redone... New FULL transom with 30" Set back Bracket, built by D&D Marine in Florida, new deck (marine plywood) with new glasswork , new bow (marine plywood)with new glasswork , 2 new tanks (80 gallon and 40 gallon), complete electrical, Custom console, 40" Birdsall Tackle Master leaning post with rod holders and backrest, Bennett trim tabs, with trim indicator, new Seafoam Green Imron Paint, Moon Dust non-skid, Oyster White topsides, 100 % new custom African Mahogany woodwork, Furuno color Fish Finder with Brass thru hull AIRMAR Transducer, Garmin GPS, every single wire, nut, bolt and screw has been replaced on this boat..Trailer is a 2006, and was used to pick up the boat when he bought it, and then to my house ~ 10 miles from where Marc lives... Motor is a 2003 or 2004 Suzuki 250 HP, 30" shaft, with New SS prop... The motor has less than 50 hrs hours on it! Yes, I said less than 50 hrs on it... That is how much the boat has been used since completed...Yes, the boat only has ~50 hrs on it too!!!

When stored for the last 2 years, the 2 new tanks were nearly empty so there should be NO issue with Ethanol.

Here is a link to the project pages:
    Marc's 25 motor being hung its finished - CLASSICMAKO Forums

The Teak/Mahogany will need to be sanded and refinished now, but not stripped and completely redone..

As you can see, there are no pix of the completed project.. We "had" taken many , many pix with the intention of posting them in the thread. Unfortunately, his camera has been lost and is not to be found... and believe me we tried...

The complete package is for sale for $32,.000.00.

I have a couple of pix that I will post later and Marc is going to take some fresh pix this weekend...

This is a complete package that needs nothing but an owner and some varnish,... And is a good deal ... A new 250HP motor will run ~$20K by itself...

Marc has asked that I help him sell it... If interested, I can be reached at
    [email protected].. Include your phone # and I will call you back...

Thanks !

Bob Carpenter
    aka Annie2
    Last edited by Annie2; 08-25-2021, 11:59 AM.
    Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

It appears that the link to the Project cannot be found... I will keep looking Found the link added to above post:

Marc's 25 motor being hung its finished - CLASSICMAKO Forums

bc
    Last edited by Annie2; 08-25-2021, 12:00 PM.
    Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

Hey Bob! It's been a minute. Glad to hear doing well. Sorry to hear about Marc, sounds like a tough few years.

Somebody is going to get an amazing Classic Mako.
      \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
      \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

Hi Chuck!

Actually was thinking about you as I am doing a Mako 224 right now for my fishing buddy. I remembered you had a 224... Might ping you ...

bc

Comment

Sorry to hear about all the health issues. This boat should be sold in 3..,.2…1. What’s great deal for a restored 25.
          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Comment

Working...
          X