No announcement yet.

WTB Mako 241 or 261

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I finally found one worth going to take a look at. Drove down to North Carolina to take a look with cash in my pocket. Get there boat looks great on the outside. Really clean. Start looking around the fish boxes and though the fuel tank access port and see some weirdness ( Bulging, and strain marks in fiberglass in weird spots.) . Take a better look with my borescope under the deck. Stingers and electrical are wrecked and I mean wrecked. After pushing for answers about damage and owner being ambivalent, guy finally tells me that the boat had CAPSIZED and sat underwater for weeks. He had it pulled out and it sat with water in the hull over winter. He knew there was damage and was hoping i wouldn't find it.

For clarity, boat was in Maine when this happened and sat there over the winter. I also asked ahead of time about damage to boat, including if it had ever been submerged. Freakin people. So yeah still looking.

Comment

Hey...i actually have one that i was planning on restoring, but i dont think i am going to have the will power or skills to make it showroom quality. Its pretty much totally derigged (ttop, leaning post, rail, fuel coffin top). The gas tank is ready to come out and i have all the original teak and everything. Has a solid trailer, but will need a new pair of brakes. Let me know if your interested and I am in Savannah, Ga.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by kcc909 View Post
          Hey...i actually have one that i was planning on restoring, but i dont think i am going to have the will power or skills to make it showroom quality. Its pretty much totally derigged (ttop, leaning post, rail, fuel coffin top). The gas tank is ready to come out and i have all the original teak and everything. Has a solid trailer, but will need a new pair of brakes. Let me know if your interested and I am in Savannah, Ga.
          kcc909 - sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
          X