WTB Mako 241 or 261

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Mako 241 or 261

Hey looking to buy either a 241 or 261. In NJ so preferably northeast. But eastern US is fine. Really looking for an unmodified project boat, So looking to spend 10k or less for a hull and trailer. Let me know if someone has something sitting around.

Ive been looking for the exact same two boats in the same area, im in union county, there are some in florida that pop up but those up here dont last long or are over priced for what is offered. Personally i draw the line at the carolinas, all i can say is best of luck if you find one do not wait just buy it. Had 2 241’s slide through on me because I wanted to look the whole thing over.
    *on the hunt for a 241/261*[br]1989 Mako 210 (sold and missed)

Comment

That’s good advice , my 261 sale is just about final . And it was modified some , all good stuff but unique, so not for everyone , I got a deposit in a few weeks of listing, good luck .

Comment

Thanks and congrats on sale Hotpepper. Im real partial to the unmodified look of the 241/261 makos. Did love the contender console on yours though. I know the feeling JohnB. I missed out on a 261 in NJ about 2 months ago by about 30 mins. Was actually driving to go see it when the guy called me to say he sold it. Only two ones i see for sale left in our area are in MA and NC both overpriced and neither one willing to budge.

Comment

• JohnB
          JohnB commented
          Editing a comment
          Only one i found was through someone on here and was set to get it the next day when he texts me that his son decided he wanted it. Best of luck finding one, ill send you a pm if i find anything as well

My boat is probably not exactly what you are looking for, but I plan to sell my totally redone 241 in several weeks. New power, fuel tanks...
        [br]Mako 241[br]Winter Garden, FL

Comment

It now has F200's, Open array radar, Rigid LED's on top, new GPS's, inc trailer, everything always garage kept.

Comment

Bighamlin, how much are you going to be looking to get? I would love to upgrade my 231.
            '90 Tuppens 231 Polk City, FL

Comment

Below is some information and I am not to far from you if you want to come by. I had to split the info into 2 attachments because of size limits.
              Thanks
              Paul

PF Mako 241 Sale Sheet 1 of 2.pdf

PF Mako 241 Sale Sheet 2 of 2.pdf

Comment

No affiliation, a little above your budget but between negotiation on price and selling the motors you could easily be under 10k

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa...120030453.html

Current
                '76 Mako 25 w/ '10 Yamaha F300
                Previous
                '85 Mako 21B w/ '94 225 yamaha
                '73 Mako 19 w/ '96 112spl Evinrude
                Brick, NJ

Comment

Have that one saved. There are a couple down in Florida right now that I am keeping an eye on. I just dont have the time to drive down right now. Once things lighten up a bit more I will make a trip to go see a few. Would also hate to drive all that way only to find something really wrong with the boat.

Comment

There are a lot of us in Florida already. I'm sure that someone could go take a look prior to you coming all this way. That would at least rule out any major turds LOL

Comment

Originally posted by bighamlin View Post
                      Below is some information and I am not to far from you if you want to come by. I had to split the info into 2 attachments because of size limits.
                      Thanks
                      Paul

[ATTACH]n544819[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]n544820[/ATTACH]
                      Paul that is a beautiful build. How long before you're looking to put it on the market? I'd have to 1 talk my wife into it and 2 sell mine.

Comment

• bighamlin
                        bighamlin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It is available now, I just haven't listed it yet. With a deposit, I am in no hurry to complete a deal and can store inside. I was going to list it here first in 1-2 weeks and give it a few weeks then The Hull Truth, then Boat Trader.
                        Thanks
                        Paul

Wpeavy I will keep that in mind. Im always happy to provide bribes for someone to take a quick look. Eventually plan on tearing whatever I get down to the stringers, but would like to get a season or two out of it so I can decide what it needs.

Comment

There is a 241 that has had some work done to it in Hialeah that is up for somewhere around $11k. It is seaworthy from what I understand. I could get you contact info if you'd like. I have an employee who lives around the corner.
                        95 232 w/225 Opti Hollywood, FL

Comment

Thanks hectorsn I would appreciate it. Know anything else about it?

Comment

• hectorsn
                            hectorsn commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sent you a PM with contact info
                        Working...
                        X