2006 Hotel information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Hotel information

I have reserved a block of rooms at the hotel we stayed at last year, but due to another large group staying there for the entire month they do not have many rooms left. If you are planning on coming to this years funament, I would HIGHLY suggest you reserve a room ASAP.

Here is the contact information for Quality Inn Bayside:

Quality Inn Bayside, 322 Miracle Strip Parkway, Fort Walton Beach, Florida. 800.4CHOICE or 850-275-0300 www.choicehotels.com

I did reserve several waterfront rooms so if you want one with a view call quick!

The rates went up this year due to a remodel and market pressures and since they have the hotel 85% booked already they wouldn't come down very much. If you have already reserved a room, call them back and tell them you are with the Mako Funament group and they will put you under the special rate of $129.

The docks ARE repaired and look great and I am working on negiating a special rate for docking. Currently they are charging $20/day for each boat.

As a backup hotel, there is a Hampton Inn down the road which is the closest "nice" hotel. Their number is 850-243-7700. If you have AAA or a military card you can receive a discount, but I could not get a group rate. Also, they do not have much space for trailers, but if you are bringing a boat you may be able to dock at the Quality Inn.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

I just changed mine over to the group rate. I love the way they add and additional $.99. Like no one would catch it.[xx(]

$129.99 a night. That's up $40 from last year per night and she said in June the rate's were going up again to $169 a night.

Comment

Sailor is this other group a boating group? I hope we don't have to share the dock with blow boater's.[]

Comment

What's wrong with Sailors? [8D] The other group is military and have reserved the majority of the hotel rooms for the entire month so we shouldn't have to worry about dock space.
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

Comment

HeHe 10-4

Comment

Are the dates still june 9-11?
            Nick Dodge[br]Maysville, GA[br]1990 Mako 261 Broken Arrow[br][br]Project Thread- http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56182&whichpage=1

Comment

I got one. Now I got to finish my boat.
              1978 Mako21[br]2001 200 Rude[br](under the knife)[br]1993 Proline 241[br]Yamaha F225[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by dodge

Are the dates still june 9-11?

Yes. I will post a new thread with all the details but due to the limited rooms this year, we had to get that information out first.

Here is a first look at the schedule:

June 8, Thursday 7 PM CST – Captains Meeting, Quality Inn Bayside, location to be announced

June 9, Friday – All day fishing. Weigh-in will be at Harbor-Walk Marina that is just inside Destin Harbor on the left (North) side of harbor. They also have great deals on ice - $5 for a large trashcan of ice.

June 10, Saturday – Fishing during the day, Party and awards start at 7 PM. Mako Funament award cookout! Winners will be announced. Beer is BYOB.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Patrick B

I got one. Now I got to finish my boat.

Great! Which one you bringing?

Comment

Im bringing my 21 if I can finish it. Work has been getting in the way....bout to post some pics of the project...
                    1978 Mako21[br]2001 200 Rude[br](under the knife)[br]1993 Proline 241[br]Yamaha F225[br]

Comment

Patrick B I sure am glad your coming, as far as I know you and I are the only ones out of the bunch that can clean fish[88][:x)]

Should I bring an extra lower unit this year?? dave.
                      [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Thanks Sailor, Just reserved my room. They said they hadn't confirmed the group rate yet but would put me with the Mako group. I am bringing my wife, and two sons age 3 and 5 and "Annahbelle" my Mako 224. Looking forward to meeting everyone and thanks for putting this together. Any others bringing kids?
                        Nick Dodge[br]Maysville, GA[br]1990 Mako 261 Broken Arrow[br][br]Project Thread- http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56182&whichpage=1

Comment

Im bringing my 21 if I can finish it. Work has been getting in the way....bout to post some pics of the project...

Comment

OK, I just got my room. I will be bringing the wife and the kids, so we will be the loud but sober room []

I've been looking forward to this for a year, and my wife (believe it or not) suggested that we spend our vacation this way this summer. My 10 year old son is already foaming at the mouth[88][88]

Thanks to all concerned for putting this on - let me know if I can help in any way!
                            [br]2003 Sea Hunt 232 Triton[br]1976 Mako 20 - Sold

Comment

I have at least one kid coming, possibly 2. This also is going to be part of our vacation. after destin we are going to slip over and visit Arties neck of the woods for a few days. We must make sure the wives and kids get there share of water time in. Last year there were all kinds of cool things to see. dave.
                              [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Working...
                              X