No announcement yet.

Tampa Bay Mako meet up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I get my sea legs back and the fuel system corrected I would enjoy getting involved in a Mako meet. My 17 "The Other Woman" is hanging out back on a lift just off Tampa Bay in Apollo Beach.
    JHE

Comment

Well my weekend this weekend and next weekend just opened up.

Anyone going out this weekend? I know it is 5 beautiful days Monday through Friday and then 50% chance of rain Saturday and Sunday....
      \'07 Mako 19 bay, sold[br]\'76 Mako 21, sold[br]\'77 Mako 21, dump[br]\'77 Mako 22, sold[br]\'80 Mako 23 WA, sold[br]\'82 Mako 21, sold[br]\'85 Mako 254 currently[br]\'78 J24 USA 292 (sold)[br]\'05 Melges 32 racing sailboat

Comment

I may be fishing Friday night into Saturday for the New moon phase.
        [br]1984 Mako 224[br]1977 Mako 15[br]Clermont, Florida- [br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37212 -Rewire[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40627 -Tank/Misc[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58615 - Aft Box removal

Comment

im putting my boat back in friday night plan on trying for saturday. I just did some maintenance and repainted my motor.

Marc Muzzy[br]S.W. Florida [br]Anna Maria Island[br]\'81 25 \'09 suzuki 250[br]

Comment

I may be able to do sunday the 12th to egmont or so pending weather and getting off duty at the fire dept

Comment

Well I picked up the boat from the mechanic after work yesterday and went straight to the boat ramp. Fired them up and the starboard engine was a solid alarm. I guess I am taking the boat back to the mechanic and without a boat this weekend..... again.
              \'07 Mako 19 bay, sold[br]\'76 Mako 21, sold[br]\'77 Mako 21, dump[br]\'77 Mako 22, sold[br]\'80 Mako 23 WA, sold[br]\'82 Mako 21, sold[br]\'85 Mako 254 currently[br]\'78 J24 USA 292 (sold)[br]\'05 Melges 32 racing sailboat

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by thejeepguy87

Well I picked up the boat from the mechanic after work yesterday and went straight to the boat ramp. Fired them up and the starboard engine was a solid alarm. I guess I am taking the boat back to the mechanic and without a boat this weekend..... again.

slap that guy. or work on it yourself, its not fun to slap yourself though.
                Marc Muzzy[br]S.W. Florida [br]Anna Maria Island[br]\'81 25 \'09 suzuki 250[br]

Comment

The temp sensor wire came loose. Just fixed it so going to take it back to the ramp.

Still think my high pressure fuel pump on my starboard engine is toast though. Keeps cutting out at 4k rpm after a few minutes.

Next step is to test, then swap the vsts out.

Comment

Sounds like fun if it gets planned. I could do eggmont.
                    76 mako 25[br]

Comment

I will be out at Egmont tomorrow most likely on the West side in my 25 with some friends in a 17. Should have pirate flags that my wife feels we need to fly up on the t top in the rod holders.

Stop by and say hey if you are out there.

Comment

What about 7/28 at Bunces? Bunces is a little more beer and dog-friendly. It's also less of a hike for my whaler.

Too short notice for everyone?
                        1981 15\' Boston Whaler, 1987 MidOcean 26, 1973 22\' Mako (Hull+trailer for sale)

Comment

I may be out there anyway. I see tons of classic makos out there every weekend.

Sunday I parked near a 238 names M&Ms. I was met by friends in a 17 angler. I spoke briefly to a guy on a 231 named tight rear I think it was.

I see Mr. Magoo out there quite often.

Not sure if any of those people are on here.

Comment

Alright.

Let's see if we can get this back on track.

My thought on this meetup is just a one day deal to meet the other members on here and then have contacts and/or resources for parts, help, tools, and what not.

Plus it would be nice to have contacts in case you are on the water and need assistance. I saw a guy from THT a few weeks back on the water and stopped to introduce myself. He was out of steering fluid and was hand steering a 300 zuke. If we had contacts I could have reached out to see if someone in the area could help him by running some fluid out. He was 15 miles from home and having to idle.

Comment

Alright.

Let's see if we can get this back on track.

My thought on this meetup is just a one day deal to meet the other members on here and then have contacts and/or resources for parts, help, tools, and what not.

Plus it would be nice to have contacts in case you are on the water and need assistance. I saw a guy from THT a few weeks back on the water and stopped to introduce myself. He was out of steering fluid and was hand steering a 300 zuke. If we had contacts I could have reached out to see if someone in the area could help him by running some fluid out. He was 15 miles from home and having to idle.

Comment

Still interested, but the next month is pretty much booked.Maybe we all need to share emails and setup something in Doodle to see which weekend works the best are just run with it.
                                1981 15\' Boston Whaler, 1987 MidOcean 26, 1973 22\' Mako (Hull+trailer for sale)

Comment

Working...
                                X