Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by muzzy1127

scott, that new hotel the waterline beach and marina comes with slips. maybe if we wait til after easter...off season, we can get a better rate.

thats the new hotel out in holmes beach

Is that thing open yet? I went past last time I was down there and it did not look occupied yet. My parents I believe went to the sneak peak awhile ago.

The other option is the Magnasun up at the North side of the skyway.

http://www.marinacoveresort.com/

They have some slips and charge $1.50 a foot a night I believe. Really nice place with two pools, a jacuzzi, and some restaurants.

Also pretty good fishing right out of there.
    \'07 Mako 19 bay, sold[br]\'76 Mako 21, sold[br]\'77 Mako 21, dump[br]\'77 Mako 22, sold[br]\'80 Mako 23 WA, sold[br]\'82 Mako 21, sold[br]\'85 Mako 254 currently[br]\'78 J24 USA 292 (sold)[br]\'05 Melges 32 racing sailboat

Comment

that place is like 70% open, yes my neighbor just put his kids up in it. Let me know if you need planning help.... Im just about done with my 58 truck conversion
      Marc Muzzy[br]S.W. Florida [br]Anna Maria Island[br]\'81 25 \'09 suzuki 250[br]

Comment

that place is like 70% open, yes my neighbor just put his kids up in it. Let me know if you need planning help.... Im just about done with my 58 truck conversion

Comment

quote:

I need to come see that truck!

It is an idea if someone wants to stay over for the weekend.
          \'07 Mako 19 bay, sold[br]\'76 Mako 21, sold[br]\'77 Mako 21, dump[br]\'77 Mako 22, sold[br]\'80 Mako 23 WA, sold[br]\'82 Mako 21, sold[br]\'85 Mako 254 currently[br]\'78 J24 USA 292 (sold)[br]\'05 Melges 32 racing sailboat

Comment

For me I figured that this might be a one day ordeal and anyone who can make it would come on out to a meeting spot.

Maybe say Saturday 3/31 as a date and 4/1 as a make up day if there is rain.

Meet up in the cove at Egmont and stare at each others boats and talk Makos all day.

Comment

FWIW: April 1 is Easter Sunday, bad for me.

How about Johns Pass area for a meet up?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dogman18

FWIW: April 1 is Easter Sunday, bad for me.

How about Johns Pass area for a meet up?

Forgot about Easter Sunday thing. Also my mom's birthday.

Johns Pass may be too far north for some coming from the south.

Muzzy would have to chime in as he is way south of there.

Is there a good place to anchor up in John's Pass? I have never been there to anchor and I feel like the current rips through there.

Comment

I can launch out of Desoto as well. I may run the outside from JP though. Maybe chases some kings on the way.

I am now into travel ball softball for two kids and LL for my son. Dates are full most of the time. The kids are on spring break the week of March 19th if anyone wants to do a weekday.
                  [br]1984 Mako 224[br]1977 Mako 15[br]Clermont, Florida- [br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37212 -Rewire[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40627 -Tank/Misc[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58615 - Aft Box removal

Comment

I dont even know where johns pass is. but i can figure it out. This whole month is a blur for me, i am in property management and I am counting down the 3 more weeks til they all leave.

Comment

quote:

I dont even know where johns pass is. but i can figure it out. This whole month is a blur for me, i am in property management and I am counting down the 3 more weeks til they all leave.

Man, I hope that isn't on the island. That place has been wrecked with rentals.

Comment

im on longboat key. I have a daily 2.5 hour trip back to my house to go the 12 miles. The island is getting worse with rentals too....

I did stop by the waterline, they have slips, slips with lifts, etc i can post their card up here. they have a dock tender that watches them full time too. seemed like nice people. maybe a little pricey though

Comment

So what's the plan? Egmont? Bunces?

4/28
                          1981 15\' Boston Whaler, 1987 MidOcean 26, 1973 22\' Mako (Hull+trailer for sale)

Comment

I was talking to Muzzy about it last week.

Here is my schedule.

This weekend April 7th, sailing regatta.

April 12-15th, sailing regatta in Charleston.

April 21st, sailing regatta

April 27-May 1, sailing regatta to Mexico.

May 5th weekend I am free.

May 11th camping in Ginnie Springs

May 19th free

May 25th sailboat race to Ft. Myers beach.

I am happy to meet at either Egmont, John's Pass, Bunces Pass. Just not sure if I will actually be able to make it with my sailing events.

Comment

All this sailing talk is making me want to bring my Hobie instead of the Whaler! Either way I'm not gonna fit in!
                              1981 15\' Boston Whaler, 1987 MidOcean 26, 1973 22\' Mako (Hull+trailer for sale)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Keven

All this sailing talk is making me want to bring my Hobie instead of the Whaler! Either way I'm not gonna fit in!

Bring them both! I love Hobies!

Comment

Working...
                                X