Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plattinum
    replied
    Thanks to ALL that organized this thing this year. Also a special thanks to Bass Pro for their contibution to this event. Enjoyed seeing everyone on land. Hopefully I can see you by sea next year.

Leave a comment:

• brando
    replied
    So excited to hang out with a bunch of great guys for the week

Leave a comment:

• LastMango
    replied
    Looks like Lulu's Destin opened up just in time for the Funament!

https://www.facebook.com/12547212431...type=1&theater

Leave a comment:

• ChuckB
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by RingLeader

The Capt bags will contain a 15% off coupon GOOD FOR THAT NIGHT ONLY at Bass Pro Shop. So if you need tackle or anything else...

15% is a nice mark-off [8D]

Leave a comment:

• LastMango
    replied
    Dang, Dean. Wondered where you been! Sorry to hear of Cindy's mishap.

Leave a comment:

• Stroken
    replied
    Hate to hear that but glad she is ok

Leave a comment:

• plattinum
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Triplecrownnc

quote:

Originally posted by plattinum

Been a long time since I have visited this site. Sorry! Life is good, but damn it has had me busy. I just splashed my boat for the first time, and only time for this year so far, last week. I hate my job sometimes[!], so I don't know if it will be possible, but can I late "family register" at the Captains Meeting Tuesday night if I can work it out to make it somehow?

Yes please come and see us.[]

Get married and then forget about your buddies. [B)][:I]

Yea, I am sorry. Life just got real crazy with me moving my mom and mentally handicapped sister into assisted living near me. Also, I decided to flip a house and it has been a time consuming learning process for me. Hopefully I can make it out to see you all. If I make it there, it will probably be all by land. When we did go out last week, Cindy slipped on the boat ramp and cut up her foot pretty bad. Since as you can expect, there was some nasty stuff on the boat ramp, she won't be going in any water to protect the wound against additional infection. Cindy went down pretty hard and hit her head, so it could have been much worse then just the infection risked cut foot.

Leave a comment:

• Triplecrownnc
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by plattinum

Been a long time since I have visited this site. Sorry! Life is good, but damn it has had me busy. I just splashed my boat for the first time, and only time for this year so far, last week. I hate my job sometimes[!], so I don't know if it will be possible, but can I late "family register" at the Captains Meeting Tuesday night if I can work it out to make it somehow?

Yes please come and see us.[]

Get married and then forget about your buddies. [B)][:I]

Leave a comment:

• plattinum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    I likes to eat[]

Leave a comment:

• RingLeader
    replied
    A couple noteworthy items for the Funament.

1. The Captains meeting will be at 6:00pm on Tuesday June 16. Capt Mark McDuffie (Local Pro Staffer for BPS) will talk about inshore tactics/strategies. And we will draw for a inshore trip with Capt McDuffie! There will be an appetizer buffet of sorts. The Capt bags will contain a 15% off coupon GOOD FOR THAT NIGHT ONLY at Bass Pro Shop. So if you need tackle or anything else...

2. The banquet Friday June 19 will have a southern style menu:

Country fried steak

Mashed potatoes

Corn

Bread pudding and/or peach cobbler

Chicken strips & fries for my picky kids

So, hit the treadmill and take a few pounds off in the next 3 days, because we intend to eat well this week. Or you can burn off some calories by waxing your Mako inside & out. You can bet mine will be shiny and clean. Look forward to seeing yall there!

Leave a comment:

• snappergapper
    replied
    So any Sneak peak at the Logo for the shirt this year?

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    Looking forward to it

Leave a comment:

• Triplecrownnc
    replied
    The Wednesday night cookout has changed a little. We will be having it catered by Rocco's catering, who provided a delicious spread at least years banquet. Look for the same seafood feast![]

Leave a comment:

• RingLeader
    started a topic 11th Annual ClassicMako Mako Madness Destin, FL

11th Annual ClassicMako Mako Madness Destin, FL

11th annual ClassicMako Destin Mako Madness Funament. June 13-20, 2015

Early bird registration now through May 15.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/11th-an...ts-15451998343

Raft ups in beautiful clear water at Crab Island & Noriego Point!

Fishing tournament runs all week!

Excellent opportunities to explore Destin by boat!

Great restaurants and attractions on the water!

Kids and family fun are what its all about!

SOB's (Some Other Boat's) are 100% welcome. You don't have to have a Mako to participate!

Fishing tournament rules.... There are no rules! Just have fun and be safe!

Captains Meeting will be Tuesday June 16, 6:00pm at Bass Pro Shop in Destin.

-Appetizers and soft drinks will be served and sponsored by Bass Pro Shop.

-Local Bass Pro Shops Pro Staffer Mark McDuffie will give a talk about local fishing tactics & strategies which should be helpful for those not familiar with the territory.

-Those with Funament entries paid before 6:00pm Tuesday June 16 and in attendance at the Captains Meeting will be eligible for a drawing for a 4 hour charter trip with Pro Staff angler Mark McDuffie.

-Bowling lanes at Uncle Buck's will be available during and after the Captains Meeting

Wednesday June 17 social

-Evening social and cook out at 507 Osceola Dr. Begins at 6:00pm

-Come by boat or car.

-Hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza. BYOB

ClassicMako Destin Funament wrap up Banquet will happen Friday June 19 at 6:00pm at the meeting room attached to the restaurant in Bass Pro Shop.

-Mako Marine will sponsor/provide dinner and drink (water, softdrinks) from the restaurant.

-No outside alcohol. The bar will be open. Drinkers buy their own drinks. There will be cocktail waiters at our event.

-Bowling alley will be open to us during the banquet and any time during the week.

-Awards and swag for the kids!

-Awards for the fishing tournament.

-Door prizes, raffle, and other giveaways including a Yeti Cooler!

A little preview of what to expect!

Working...
X