• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer 2014 Jersey Shore Classic Mako Jamboree

Continued from:

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=49476

Based on everyone's input, here are the current details;

Date: July 19-20, 2014

Location: Tices Shoal, East Of Buoy #40, Bay Side Of Island Beach State Park, Bayville, New Jersey

This event is open to any and all boaters and boat types so tell your friends!

Howell, New Jersey[br]

Great! Thanks for setting it up.

I'll definitely try to get there.

Comment

Going to try and make it down one of the days.
      1985 Mako 236 \"Erin Marie\" - SOLD[br]Shark River, NJ[br]

Comment

Just wondering if this get-together is still going to happen.... It now looks as though our Mid-Atlantic Fundament at Ocean City, Maryland is a no go.
        Clyde[br]1978 Mako 23 IB[br]\"Shark Bait\" ***SOLD***[br]Kent Island, Md. [br]gone but not forgotten[br]Current Boat-1985 26Foot Shamrock Cuddy Cabin [br]Yanmar 4LHA-STE 230 HP Diesel Engine[br]

Comment

I don't know about anyone else but I'm in!!

I was planning on resurrecting this thread since we are getting close to go time!

Please post if you need information or are planning to attend.

Thanks,

Marc
          Howell, New Jersey[br]

Comment

Marc, I'm very interested in attending. Unfortunately, I probably won't know until the last minute if I can. Since this topic was first discussed, I have found out that my daughter is pregnant with our first Grandchild. Her due date is August 4th, which is only two weeks after the Jamboree. Her doctor a few months back was thinking the baby may come early because of her size and that the due date computations might be a little off. Because of this I am going to have to play it by ear whether I can make the Jamboree or not. Our first Grandchild's birth is not something I would want to miss. I hope to be there, because I would love to meet all the members that we talk back and forth to on the forum and never get to put a face to a name.
            Clyde[br]1978 Mako 23 IB[br]\"Shark Bait\" ***SOLD***[br]Kent Island, Md. [br]gone but not forgotten[br]Current Boat-1985 26Foot Shamrock Cuddy Cabin [br]Yanmar 4LHA-STE 230 HP Diesel Engine[br]

Comment

Congratulations Clyde! You certainly do not want to miss that event. (by the way, my birthday is August 3 so my money is on that day!).

It would be great to see some classic Makos and put a face with a name so I hope we get a good number of members to show.
              Howell, New Jersey[br]

Comment

I am going to try to come up from Wildwood is there still a ramp in Barnegate Light near 4 th st I used to go there about 20 years ago, is that close to Tices shoal ???

Comment

Guys - turns out I have a family obligation on Saturday so am hoping to make it out Sunday (20th) weather permitting.

I usually set-up about 100 yards south of the cross-over. For those not familiar with Tices, the crossover is a pathway that extends from the bay to the beach. It allows access to the beach (ocean) side of island beach state park. From the bay, you can easily locate the crossover as it's the only man-made structure (a set of wooden stairs leading up from the water) along that stretch of the bay. Most early arriving vessels anchor up near the crossover since a walk to the beach is a nice option.

So, in order to avoid the crowd, 100 yards or so south of the crossover is where I like to set-up. It's a nice sandy portion of the shoal and great place to enjoy the day, the water is about 2-3 feet deep. The earlier you get there the better as late arrivals have to navigate through a sea of anchored vessels if you intend to get near the shoreline/shallows.

If I am expecting company, I usually fly an small orange flag off my T-Top so I am a bit easier to locate among the mass of boats. I will try to arrive before 10 am to beat the crowd.

There are no creature comforts so bring your own food and drink. However there is a pontoon boat near the crossover selling limited food items, soda and ice cream. But I wouldn't count on that as your only source of food.

My cell number is 908 four one five six 8 zero four. That's also my business line so if I don't answer, leave a message.

Hope to see some of you there,

Marc

Here is an aerial map of the area - the pinpoint is located on the crossover. I set-up about 100 yards south of that point. On the map you will see a long shoal south of the crossover extending westward then a single vessel just below that. I'm usually in the area of that boat just south of that long sand bar.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ti...4376c4648062fe
                  Howell, New Jersey[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by U W HUNTER

I am going to try to come up from Wildwood is there still a ramp in Barnegate Light near 4 th st I used to go there about 20 years ago, is that close to Tices shoal ???

A quick look on google maps tells me that it isn't on 4th street anymore. I do know that there is one on 10th street. However you might want to look into the public ramp in Bayville NJ at the end of Sloop Creek Road. There is also a full service marina there (C&C Marine). From that ramp you would take a south east heading across the bay to Tices Shoal.

Another option would be any ramp you can find in Forked River NJ on Bay Ave or East Lacey Road which will put you pretty much directly across the bay from Tices. From there it's pretty much an east north east heading.
                    Howell, New Jersey[br]

Comment

Last call guys... Is anyone planning on showing? I'm happy to head down to hang however if there is no real interest, I may go fishing Sunday.

Let me know.

Thanks
                      Howell, New Jersey[br]

Comment

Sorry, I am not going to be able to make it. My daughter went to the doctor yesterday and she is much bigger than the due date shows. The doctor said she could have the baby any day. I just couldn't risk not being there for our first Grandchild. Have a great time if the get together goes off.

Comment

Can't get there. Kids baseball team entered a tournament all weekend [V]

Comment

Working...
                          X