Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Destin Funament Planning Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2013 Destin Funament Planning Thread

    I have just re read the 2012 post funament suggestions. What I get out of it with regard to changes is this:

    Captains meeting moved to Monday evening

    Raft up at the point on Thursday evening to see the fireworks, possibly meet prior for some grub on the waterfront

    I have chatted with others about possibly scheduling some scheduled runs or bike rides in the morning. I have no issue with that of course but I do think it would be a small crowd. Chuck and Troy challenged me to 10 mile bike race so I guess I will have to ride at least once. []

    A very important member will not be there this year. Ed Cox has his hands full with his new lake house and cant make it. He has been a valued member spending time in prep, cooking, cleaning, and provided financial support. We need another committed chef.

    I have the golf pavilion reserved again this year

    I hope Mrs Stroken can help again this year, she is an unbelievable organizer.

    Leo and I have been talking about the menu. We have some significant changes coming this year.

    The Wednesday cookout with the Sutherlands and the Rings has been a big hit the last 2 years and we expect that to continue. Art and Ed tell me they are planning a pinfish tournament and games for the kids this year. I think that is an absolutely brilliant idea! The zebcos I brought last year were a big hit. Some of the pics I saw with the kids having fun were great! Look for more of that.

    Post up any other things that can help us begin the planning.
    David, New Kent, Va[br]



    [br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

  • #2
    I will continue to look for an alternative place for trailer storage for this year. Any local assistance you need, let me know as I am now fairly flexible in my work hours. []
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

    Comment


    • #3
      quote:


      Originally posted by Sailor


      I will continue to look for an alternative place for trailer storage for this year. Any local assistance you need, let me know as I am now fairly flexible in my work hours. []



      I'm sure the bank won't mind us parking them there.It will only be for one week[]
      1985 Mako 21B w/ 2013 Yamaha F300[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42046 [br]1967 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]1971 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]Richmond Hill,GA[br]

      Comment


      • #4
        Dave, we plan on helping again this year. Amy is wanting to get started in the next week or so on contacting sponsors. We will get with you to get details
        Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian. -Henry Ford[br]1988 Mako 261 \"Stroken\" Project Thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26203[br]1992 Mako221B project thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48747[br]1992 Mako 261B \"Reel Impressive\" project thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56286[br]

        Comment


        • #5
          quote:


          Originally posted by Stroken


          Dave, we plan on helping again this year. Amy is wanting to get started in the next week or so on contacting sponsors. We will get with you to get details



          I have a half dozen or so companies in mind that I can ask or give Amy the contact info on. [email protected]
          1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

          Comment


          • #6
            I will get her to contact you Brandon
            Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian. -Henry Ford[br]1988 Mako 261 \"Stroken\" Project Thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26203[br]1992 Mako221B project thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48747[br]1992 Mako 261B \"Reel Impressive\" project thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56286[br]

            Comment


            • #7
              I think we should all go cougar hunting. Some of the younger crowd are completely clueless. We owe it to them to pass on our knowledge.
              Nick Dodge[br]Maysville, GA[br]1990 Mako 261 Broken Arrow[br][br]Project Thread- http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56182&whichpage=1

              Comment


              • #8
                Ah....cougar hunting.Such a wonderful past time.
                1985 Mako 21B w/ 2013 Yamaha F300[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42046 [br]1967 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]1971 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]Richmond Hill,GA[br]

                Comment


                • #9
                  quote:


                  Originally posted by Doc Fees


                  Ah....cougar hunting.Such a wonderful past time.



                  I told Josh someone was picking on him on the forum and he said 'I bets its Dodge!' Yep

                  Her name was Jamie




                  David, New Kent, Va[br]



                  [br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hahahah, nice voyager shot there Dave!
                    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian. -Henry Ford[br]1988 Mako 261 \"Stroken\" Project Thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26203[br]1992 Mako221B project thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48747[br]1992 Mako 261B \"Reel Impressive\" project thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56286[br]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have every intention on helping with the sponsors this year. I am struggling to find time to work on it given my very active toddler and I've been in a training room at work for two months. I found before I was only successful with sponsors during work hours- so without a work phone its a bit difficult. I hope to spend some upcoming lunches working on it.

                      I do hope to get some help from others on the sponsors this year. I know everyone has different places they use, know, etc. I would appreciate any and all help I can get.

                      My only request is if you do contact anyone- please email me the information of who you are contacting. Also, if you are getting merchandise mailed- I would prefer it be mailed to me so I can get everything ready ahead of time and know how much we'll have. This way, I dont have to try to track down items and throw things together at the last minute. I appologize if it sounds petty, but I am striving to make things as organized and flow smoothly as possible. I dont want to double contact to seem pester or confuse these generous companies.

                      The email I will be corresponding with everyone on is [email protected]. I have added this to my iPhone tonight, so I will now get it immediately.

                      Please feel free to send me any recommendations, questions, information, etc.

                      THANK YOU ALL! And thank you Dave for giving me the opportunity to be part! []

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        quote:


                        Originally posted by MrsStroken


                        I have every intention on helping with the sponsors this year. I am struggling to find time to work on it given my very active toddler and I've been in a training room at work for two months. I found before I was only successful with sponsors during work hours- so without a work phone its a bit difficult. I hope to spend some upcoming lunches working on it.


                        I do hope to get some help from others on the sponsors this year. I know everyone has different places they use, know, etc. I would appreciate any and all help I can get.

                        My only request is if you do contact anyone- please email me the information of who you are contacting. Also, if you are getting merchandise mailed- I would prefer it be mailed to me so I can get everything ready ahead of time and know how much we'll have. This way, I dont have to try to track down items and throw things together at the last minute. I appologize if it sounds petty, but I am striving to make things as organized and flow smoothly as possible. I dont want to double contact to seem pester or confuse these generous companies.

                        The email I will be corresponding with everyone on is [email protected]. I have added this to my iPhone tonight, so I will now get it immediately.

                        Please feel free to send me any recommendations, questions, information, etc.

                        THANK YOU ALL! And thank you Dave for giving me the opportunity to be part! []


                        I contacted all the places we talked about including several local business near me. I heard back from www.seawear.com below is what he responded

                        Please check out his website, and if you plan on buying let him know how you found out.

                        Hey Brandon!

                        You cannot imagine how many requests I get for boating events. Shows, tournaments, non-profits, etc.

                        I keep a really low profile and dont do advertising or t-shirts and such.

                        As its you, Ill have some stuff for you before you go.
                        1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Awesome Brandon! Sounds great! Thanks again!
                          quote:


                          Originally posted by brando


                          quote:


                          Originally posted by MrsStroken


                          I have every intention on helping with the sponsors this year. I am struggling to find time to work on it given my very active toddler and I've been in a training room at work for two months. I found before I was only successful with sponsors during work hours- so without a work phone its a bit difficult. I hope to spend some upcoming lunches working on it.


                          I do hope to get some help from others on the sponsors this year. I know everyone has different places they use, know, etc. I would appreciate any and all help I can get.

                          My only request is if you do contact anyone- please email me the information of who you are contacting. Also, if you are getting merchandise mailed- I would prefer it be mailed to me so I can get everything ready ahead of time and know how much we'll have. This way, I dont have to try to track down items and throw things together at the last minute. I appologize if it sounds petty, but I am striving to make things as organized and flow smoothly as possible. I dont want to double contact to seem pester or confuse these generous companies.

                          The email I will be corresponding with everyone on is [email protected]. I have added this to my iPhone tonight, so I will now get it immediately.

                          Please feel free to send me any recommendations, questions, information, etc.

                          THANK YOU ALL! And thank you Dave for giving me the opportunity to be part! []


                          I contacted all the places we talked about including several local business near me. I heard back from www.seawear.com below is what he responded

                          Please check out his website, and if you plan on buying let him know how you found out.

                          Hey Brandon!

                          You cannot imagine how many requests I get for boating events. Shows, tournaments, non-profits, etc.

                          I keep a really low profile and dont do advertising or t-shirts and such.

                          As its you, Ill have some stuff for you before you go.


                          Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian. -Henry Ford[br]1988 Mako 261 \"Stroken\" Project Thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26203[br]1992 Mako221B project thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48747[br]1992 Mako 261B \"Reel Impressive\" project thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56286[br]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Fireworks on a thursday evening? How is this possible or is it something dave and chuck do off of TC's hardtop?
                            1984 Mako 238 WA [br]2015 Suzuki 250 APX[br]Central PA/OCMD[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35081[br]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just got this note from SPC. In the past they have waived the $250 rental fee for the golf pavilion. It appears that might have changed. If the cost is anywhere near 1K, or even $500 it might just be a trip to Mcdonalds for all of us

                              We are happy to hear your group will be returning to Destin and Sandpiper this year. We look forward to your visit. Many exciting things are happening in Destin. First and foremost is that our beach restoration is complete and the result is an expansive beach with plenty of room for everyone. Several new restaurants/bars such as Margaretville and Coyote Ugly are under construction around town and hopefully will be opened by the time of your arrival.

                              Another new improvement is the Sandpiper event room at the top of the hill that your group has enjoyed in the past. We are under construction for several improvements to that facility that will allow it to better serve beach wedding receptions and gatherings such as yours. Your event request for this year has been forwarded to me for approval. Jeanne Branch who has assisted you the last few years will be leaving the company in a couple of weeks but we will get you set up with a new on site coordinator who will assist with your arrival, event venue reservation, and boat reservations.

                              We need to let you know that along with the improvements to the room there is a new fee structure and policy use being developed for the room. It will be extremely competitive with other similar facilities in town and excel in the fun, positive experience, category. Before we proceed with the reservation we will need some additional information before we can share any specifics with you. Can you please reply with the total number of guests that will be attending (or estimated) and the number of condos that will be rented DIRECTLY from the Sandpiper Rental office. These numbers will allow us to quote you a price which currently ranges $125.00 to $1,000.00. The kitchen area itself is being isolated from the rest of the room and will be available only to approved caterers. Give us a little more info what your food plans are this year please.

                              I am confident we can provide you with a great room to get together with the group and will be happy to discuss with you on the phone. My direct line is below
                              David, New Kent, Va[br]



                              [br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X