• doghouse241
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Stroken

quote:

Originally posted by Doc Fees

quote:

Originally posted by doghouse241

Got slip 1 secured looks like its in the back any info on it is it shallow etc. Was gonna get 10 but someone got it the other day

Slip #1 is on other side of walkway,right? If so,I think shallow water is the least of your problems.You won't be able to get under it with your t-top.I'm in slip #7,if we need to,I'll be more than happy to swap with you.I guess we'll see when we get there.

Adam made it under there with a T-top, hit it with the rub rail a couple of times, but I think shallow is going to be his prob.

Thanks Troy not sure if it is or not we'll burn that bridge when we get there

Leave a comment:

• DestinBound
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by t-bone

Fenders should ALWAYS be attached to the boat so they ride up and down with the boat. Spring lines are esential, but if you cannot limit the fore/aft movement enought to insure the fender says on the pile then fender boards are the only way to go. Without fender boards the fender should be hung horizontialy by each end so as to maximize it length. If using a fender board then it should be hung vertically.

Todd

There is no tide to speak of in Destin. Bumpers on the poles will work fine unless you just want to carry them around. The canal is like a pond. It really is no big deal in there; just narrow.

Leave a comment:

• DestinBound
    replied
    I don't think slip 1 is on the other side of the bridge. That slip may be the one directly under the bridge though, but I'm not sure. The association hasn't numbered any of the slips past the bridge yet. You are going to be fine depth wise there.

Leave a comment:

• Stroken
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Doc Fees

quote:

Got slip 1 secured looks like its in the back any info on it is it shallow etc. Was gonna get 10 but someone got it the other day

Slip #1 is on other side of walkway,right? If so,I think shallow water is the least of your problems.You won't be able to get under it with your t-top.I'm in slip #7,if we need to,I'll be more than happy to swap with you.I guess we'll see when we get there.

Adam made it under there with a T-top, hit it with the rub rail a couple of times, but I think shallow is going to be his prob.

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    quote:

Leave a comment:

• doghouse241
    replied

Leave a comment:

• t-bone
    replied
    Fenders should ALWAYS be attached to the boat so they ride up and down with the boat. Spring lines are esential, but if you cannot limit the fore/aft movement enought to insure the fender says on the pile then fender boards are the only way to go. Without fender boards the fender should be hung horizontialy by each end so as to maximize it length. If using a fender board then it should be hung vertically.

Todd

Leave a comment:

• DestinBound
    replied
    The fenders will stay on the poles if you tie them up. However, all the poles are taller than my rub rail (Pursuit) so I've never even been close to banging a hull side there.

There is no current, no fast moving boats, and rarely any wind so docking in there is easy.

Good luck to all..

Leave a comment:

• ssfishx
    replied
    a "fender board" is not a bad idea, though i don't think i would want to haul one all the way from MI or NC

bound to be a local lumber place where you can get a 16 ft 2x4 for reasonable $?

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

Leave a comment:

• Triplecrownnc
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Sailor

quote:

Originally posted by triplecrownnc

yeah ok until it spins around and there goes a $5 paint job.

Not sure I understand that one. You can always tie your fender off on the piling with two lines - one at the top and one at the bottom. This is how I do fenders on slips for big boats. The fender stays in one place and doesn't move.

Translation Steve is I am scared $hitless.

Leave a comment:

• Sailor
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by triplecrownnc

Not sure I understand that one. You can always tie your fender off on the piling with two lines - one at the top and one at the bottom. This is how I do fenders on slips for big boats. The fender stays in one place and doesn't move.

Leave a comment:

• Triplecrownnc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sailor
    replied
    You need to hang your fenders horizontally. Put a line on each end and tie them so the piling lies in the middle of the fender.

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    I always looped my fenders on the pilings.It worked just fine for me,but I can see where others may get into trouble.

Leave a comment:

• michigan dave
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up. I will be bringing a board with carpet on it...

dave

Leave a comment:

Working...
X