Bahamas Trip April 28th - May2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bahamas Trip April 28th - May2nd

Grand Cay Bahamas will be the location. Just a few miles from Walker's Cay and in prime fishing grounds. Dolphin, Tuna & Wahoo fishing should be excellent. Reefs are always good too.

Room rates at Rosie's Place are as follows:

2 Bedroom Villas with kitchen $150 per night

Standard room w/ 2 double beds $90 per night

Dockage is $0.75 per foot.

$10 for 30 Amp service.

Water is $0.25 per gallon

Phone # is 242-727-4477. Let them know you are with Craig's Group.

I already made my reservation
    Tampa, FL[br]92\' MAKO 261B[br]

Sounds like a great time. Couple of questions.

Is there a secure place to leave the rig and trailer at west palm ? How far of a run is it to Grand Cay ? What time will you be heading over ?

What type of security is there for the boat at the slip in the Bahamas ? Where do we clear customs ?

Thanks

Comment

gsrsol84mm,

I spoke to Lou today he is planning on leaving his truck and trailer at Lake Park Marina. They are very reasonable and have 24 house security.

From West Palm its about 100 miles to Walkers Cay where we clear customs. From there it's a 10 minute boat ride to Grand Cay.

As far as Security at Rosie's Place. Well no one would dare touch your stuff there. Rosie runs that island. The rooms are also right in front of the marina. So if you want to put your stuff in the room you have a 100ft walk. Pretty convenient. They have a restaurant and lounge right there and we can also cook at the Villas. 2 Other boats made there reservations so far so this should be a great trip.

Comment

gsrsol84mm,

I spoke to Lou today he is planning on leaving his truck and trailer at Lake Park Marina. They are very reasonable and have 24 house security.

From West Palm its about 100 miles to Walkers Cay where we clear customs. From there it's a 10 minute boat ride to Grand Cay.

As far as Security at Rosie's Place. Well no one would dare touch your stuff there. Rosie runs that island. The rooms are also right in front of the marina. So if you want to put your stuff in the room you have a 100ft walk. Pretty convenient. They have a restaurant and lounge right there and we can also cook at the Villas. 2 Other boats made there reservations so far so this should be a great trip.

Comment

I wish I wish..... BUT...

I'm planning a similar trip in August. Not sure if that's the best time to go, but it's the best time for me and I don't think there's a bad time to be in the Bahamas, hurricanes aside.
          Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

I'm planning a similar trip in August. Not sure if that's the best time to go, but it's the best time for me and I don't think there's a bad time to be in the Bahamas, hurricanes aside.
            Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Comment

August is great for lobster and reef fishing. Offshore is very slow. We are also going back in August for a weekend trip.

Comment

August is great for lobster and reef fishing. Offshore is very slow. We are also going back in August for a weekend trip.

Comment

Working...
                  X