Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    If you know your way just meet us out there. If you need help getting in the cut behind the beach just call me on the radio I'm on 16 all the time just use c130enginetroop call sign. i'll pull out and guide you in around the sand bars.

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    Ok,so what exactly is the plan? Maybe I'm a ittle confused[B)].I may leave from RH in the boat and meet yall on the water instead of @ Turners.

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    looking foward to the weekend !!

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Gabe, I am a member to the SYC but for only 2 years. I have been going there since 1984 when I joined the Savannah Sport Fishing Club. We used to have all our meetings there. I keep the Sea Pro in the bone yard there and the Mako at the house. We are able to you the lift as a member 24/7. Makes it nice when you come in late and the marina is closed. i will be splashing the Mako on Friday (having a dock party @ SYC) and be leaving around 9:30 to 10 for Little Tybee.

Leave a comment:

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    one more thing on the 21st of may the Coast Gaurd station tybee is having a get rid of your expired flare day down at the station. If you bring you old flares they will let you shot them off, so if you have youngens that boat and have never shot a flare this would be a good time for them to learn shotting the real thing, plus it lets you get rid of those flares no one wants to take off you. If anyone wants more info I will get intouch with them to get all the details.

Gabe

Leave a comment:

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    yeap I think that was the boat. He had three young ladys out there and I did not want to seem like a creap going over and talking to them even though my intentions would have been only to talk about his boat, but it was a nice original looking mako. Running late are you a member out at the yacht club? If so how long? I worked out there for about two years back in 94-96, had a good time but hated my boss so I had to move on. The water was still a little cold for me it was right at 73 probley would have felt awesome if it was 90 or so outside. I will be back on Tybee Friday evening around 730 and be down at huc-a-poos after that then on to sing karokee at the wiregrass salone. I plan on putting in around 9am and heading that way to set up camp for the night and to get some fire wood cut and stacked for the evening. EVERYONE MAKE SURE ALL YOUR BOATING ITEMS ARE GOOD TO GO!!! I got pulled over three times this weekend once was the coast gaurd(boat checks),once by DNR(fish and boat checks) and then Chatham County Marine Patrol (to see if I had been drinking, which I hadn't). But it should be a great day and night over on the island for those who camp out.

Gabe

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Gabe, was the Mako about 21'and maybe a late 80s? If so it was Larry and I did invite him. He usually has his wife and daughter with him.

Leave a comment:

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    ok guys I ran over there today and stayed for a couple of hours. if you are not going to stay thru the tide change then we will have to have you anchor out in front and ride you around the back. we left at half tide and it was only about 3 ft deep at the mouth of the creek. I hope someone has some horse shoes to bring over, as I will bring the corn hole boards. the whiting where biting but they where a little small. Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend, there was a mako out on the sand bar today it had a yacht club sticker on it with a yamaha Vmax but not sure if he is on this board or not and i didn't walk over to ask because the older guy had 3 very nice looking younger girls with him so I didn't want to look wierd asking about his boat. hope all had a safe and fun weekend and remember tomorrow is mothers day.

Gabe

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Fireproofer,

There are 4 or 5 hotels between DeRenne Ave and Stephenson right off Abercorn.

Leave a comment:

• SavannahSalt
    replied
    Fireproof,

The best options for hotel are going to be "mid town" unless you want to pay more to be downtown or at Tybee. Mid town hotels are reasonable and room for boats etc. Most are located on Abercorn St in Savannah or there are a lot more hotels at the intersection of I-95 & Hwy 204 (abercorn extension).

Let me know if anyone needs specific info locally and I will get it for you.

Leave a comment:

• Fireproofer
    replied
    I've talked to Bubba At Hogans and he said he can give us dock space. If we can get away in time we will try to drop her off there so it will be easier Saturday morning. Still haven't pull the trigger on where we are going to stay yet. Time is getting short! I've got to get it all together soon. I'll be watching for that recon report on the beach.

Leave a comment:

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    Me and the boy are heading over there tomorrow just to do a little scooping out and a boat ride for him since he loves to stand on the boat box and drive.

Gabe

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    One week and counting down [)][)]

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    he can do a low quantity... I think we just gonna wing it this year...[8D]

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied