Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Fees
    replied
    Rocking the Savannah Funament shirt in Destin!!

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    That would definitely need to be an overnight trip! Let's talk about it.

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    yes troy we are definitly going to BWF.... fun,fun... come follow me from butterbean!!! it's a great trip..

paul, yes we will probably make it a weekend long event next year, and definitly have bubba as a sponsor. get me your address and i will get ben to ship you the shirt, he has plenty.. as far as the dates for next year, ya'll start throwing up suggestions.... only thing is we have to do it on a saturday with the low tide between 12-1 ish, to fully expose our bar, and allow us enough tide to putt putt into jack's cut later that afternoon.... we never go to make it in there obviously due to weather, but that certainly was part of the plan....oh well!!! atleast Troy got a good feed on at AJ's!!!

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Troy, I will be leaving from the SYC on the Wilmington River. It is about 22 miles from there (and no mud flaps). The only tricky part is crossing Port Royal Sound if it is ruff. First time going over I was in an 18' CC Sea Boss and did not have the correct heading. It was also a little foggy. No problem now with the track in the GPS.

If you are interested let me know. Would like to have about 10 boats heading over together.

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    Ricky,

The BWF could be fun. I have a few friends that are mooring their 60 Sea Ray for the weekend. Maybe we could crash the party.lol. Where would.you want to leave from?

As far as next years funament,I say a weekend long event would certainly attract more out of towners and leave more room for weather error. How about the first weekend in June? Just throwing it out there.

Leave a comment:

• Fireproofer
    replied
    The wife and I appreciated the hospitality! meeting all of you and the dry space. We were late but we made it out with little trouble just slow going and got back to Hogans with no trouble, I think we were the only boat in the creeks and on the river on our way back. I didn't worry becasue I knew I had a sound boat to make the trip with. Bubba At Hogans said to let him know when we do this next year and he would be glad to put up a flyer or information about it to help us advertise it. He might be willing to help sponser as well. Maybe a spot on the Tee shirt?? I would still like to get a size small shirt for my wife if they are available? Thanks again and will look forward to next year. If we make plans for a Friday and Saturday we have a better chance of beating the weather? Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Adam / Troy,

do we have a weekend reserved for next year [].

It was a long day but Barbara and Brian did not complain about the delay on getting to the beach. I have been through that cut 200 times and that mud flap was never there! might be the negative tides or capt. error [!].

Anyway enjoyed the few minutes on the beach and the time at A.J.s and Ashley's house.

Next on the agenda is the Beaufort Water Festival. I know Adams up for it. How about it Troy and anybody else.

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    ok sorry keboard batteries died!!! meant to say that those who have been folliowing this, this will clearly a much better organized and larger event for next year!!! overall still a great time ,despite the lousy weather!!!

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    ok..... well I learned alot, but that is ok..... after having so much consistant beautiful weather day after day, the one shitty day would just have to be the day this was planned. no, we had no backup or "rain day" planned..... many locals were talking to me via cell phone stuck at the dock in a pouring rain,just waiting for it to let up so they could ride out....never happened....oh well,what can you do... on the brighter side, one of the main reason this thing was planned out here, was incase IF it did rain, shelter was close by: and boy was it... thankfully I bumped into a local tybee friend thank was more than accomodating to us by opening up his waterfront beach house for us to tie up wait for the weather to clear...since it never really did, this thing really just evolved into one big dock party!!! special thanks to Troy and Paul(fireproofer) for traveling the distances they did in adverse weather to make a showing!!! next year this thing will grow into a premier nautical event within our community, as for 3 potterbuilt seacrafts that were committed to come never left the dock in the rain(females said no way) but were loaded and ready for the throwdown...this may evolve into a joint venture between the classic seacrafts and classic makos, as something like the famed annual bertram/hatteras shootout,except this will be a cocktail party instead of a fishing tourny...who knows...one thing I do know, this thing is going to be one event that those who have been following

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    Well,although the weather put a damper on things,it was great meeting all of you and hanging out for the short time we were able.It was also awesome to see some really nice Makos.Adam,you and I need o spearhead this together and really get a nice weekend get together planned for next year.It was great to finally meet you and I'm sure we'll get together more often.It was a wet and bumpy ride home,but we all made it and my little girl slept the entire way home.Everyone stayed in good spirits even though it felt like we were doing a sequel to The Perfect Storm.Anyhow,here are some pics...

Leave a comment:

• SavannahSalt
    replied
    Ricky,

That is BUCK Hammock just off Joe's cut(North end of Little Tybee).I will be leaving later than expected since I have an unexpected situation to deal with this AM.

See you there.

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Mark,

We are going to Little Tybee and not Beach Hammock. The other (north) end of the island. I will have my VHF scanning 16 and 68. Or you can reach me on my cell phone. That number is 663-9972.

I am hoping to leave the Yacht Club around 9:30 to 9:45.

Leave a comment:

• SavannahSalt
    replied
    Ricky,

Awesome shirts! I will be leaving my dock on Richardson Creek at 9:00 AM to meet up with you guys in Turners Creek. If I am not there keep on movin' and I will meet you at Buck Hammock. My boat looks like Canibal's only it is a SeaCraft with T Top.

Be aware of NO WAKE Zones in Turners Creek for those coming that way. The Ga. DNR love to hide in there waiting on non compliant boats. So... keep the Bloody Mary's low and wait until' you get in Bull River. Also, don't be so tempted to feed the HUNDREDS" of dolphin by Bull River Marina. That too is a "don't do locally".

It's finally here and I am looking forward to meeting everyone! Have safe travels. I will be on 16 "Hoppy Hours"if ya' wanna' shout. The tides are extremely high with negative lows right now and water is moving strong so be careful.

See Y'all at the BEACH !

-Mark-

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Here is a picture of the T-shirts for the Savannah Get-to-gether.

Yes the picture is a little big but it is a 2xl shirt.

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    oh no......that sux!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X