X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

count me and dad in but we will be in our skiffs
    Savannah, Georgia

Comment

I'm in!!!! Ofcourse,I may still have my Sea Hunt if that's ok[].
      1985 Mako 21B w/ 2013 Yamaha F300[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42046 [br]1967 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]1971 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]Richmond Hill,GA[br]

Comment

Can I make a suggestion? What about the 21st? I haven't checked the tides(even though it's usually the opposite from one weekend to the next).Maybe we can take a vote for dates.
        1985 Mako 21B w/ 2013 Yamaha F300[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42046 [br]1967 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]1971 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]Richmond Hill,GA[br]

Comment

The online tide predictor that I use http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/sites_useastlower.html

shows 5/14 High at 05:29 and 5/21 at 11:46 thats for Tybee Light
          Women, Beer, Cigars,...You gotta die from something, might as well be something you like.[br]1972 23 Cuddy[br]2006 5.7 I/O MerCruiser[br]Beaufort SC/Lexington SC[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SC_Mako_231

The online tide predictor that I use http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/sites_useastlower.html

shows 5/14 High at 05:29 and 5/21 at 11:46 thats for Tybee Light

Yeah,I figured.Like I said,it's usually the opposite from one week to the next.I just know I have another event in Daytona that weekend,so I'll have to choose between the two of them.I was really hoping to have my cake and eat it too.

Comment

the problem Doc is the tides. we want low tide at mid day for were we are going. you can't even get into jack's cut until 3/4 hightide, and it's a very cool spot. this way we get to cover two closeby beaches ,and still go to a restaurant/bar. this is the reason I feel this area is the best, and the tides for that day make it perfect. If we go to a barrier island,say ossabaw,for example, tides are irrelevant, but we are stuck out there all day with no place else to go. it's not close by anything. at this location, there will be easy access for people from out of town, great little boat ride,and never a boring moment. right now,so far,there are 3 boats from out of town,and 9 local boats that are in. your considered a local Doc!
              Stress Factor[br]Isle of Hope, Georgia[br]\'76 Mako 20\' Yamaha 200hp[br][br]

Comment

I fully understand the tides and when I asked about the 21st,I was merely provoking discusion for a new date.I guess I'll have to skip Jeep Beach 2011 for the first ANNUAL Savannah Funament.[8D]

Comment

gotcha....I think you'll have more fun with us!! do you know toni tuttle who lives in RH? I used to have his number. try to think of anybody you may know in RH that would come.. Toni has a '75 20 restored,and I know he would come.

Comment

How about puting up the list of names/boats of those who have commited to show up. If there is a roster of names who could be possible shows then someone could contact them and maybe stir a little more interest. There may also be some who's ride is a work in progress and may not be ready on these dates. Therefore someone could have the opportunity to buddy-up and offer to share thier ride. These are just some ideas for consideration. If someone has the time, talent and willingness write out a plan and delegate!

I'm sure we all can pitch in to make some contributions so no one will have to carry the whole load. Let me know if I can help.

Fireproofer

Comment

fireproofer,gotcha. good idea. only problem is most of these locals are not active on CM,so I only know their real names. I will start contacting them today and get the ball rolling on this.

Comment

Since the topic of tides has come up, can someone please explain to me the thought process of planing a fishing trip around the tides, every time I fish the ocean I get all screwed up by the tides, have trouble launching, just get anchored and the boat swings around and I am in a different area than I wanted. etc... When is the best time to be on the water fishing? Low high? or in between. Thanks....

dave
                        [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Dave, there are alot of variables to that question. for us,in ga., offshore fishing,depending on whether or not your trolling for game fish or bottom fishing, tides really don't matter that much. inshore is a whole different game,evrything revolves around the tide. and around here,launching at dead low tide always presents a minor challenge. certain trout drops are known for best fishing on either a incoming or outgoing tide,for example. either way, in our case for this function, the tides are perfect for what we will be doing... hop on a plane that weekend and ride with us!!! I can pick/drop you off at airport and you can stay at my house if you choose to come. your only expense will be your roundtrip airfare[8D]

Comment

Keep it rolling Canibal, you got this heading in the right direction. Let me know if I can do anything to help out.
                            [br]77 21\'1[br]Savannah, GA

Comment

we could also camp out for the night on the beach over at Jacks cut, we spent 4th of july out there and it was a great time.

Gabe
                              Savannah, Georgia

Comment

Middle of May is not too bad for camping out,but to do it in July,you're a real trooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X