Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAKOnGA
    replied
    Thats a plan if I ever heard one. If I was not from savannah and I lived within 2 hours I would trailer the boat down attend this and get myself a cottage at the beach for the night.

Let me know if you need any help on this.

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    looks like this thing is for real and starting to get off the ground. 5 committments from local boats,and 3 from out of town so far. looks like the better date is going to be saturday,may 14th. low tide at noon, high tide at 6 pm, sunset around 8 pm. I have thought that the best place will be little tybee,start around 10:30 am. as the tide comes in, we will venture off about 300 yards into a another small beautiful beach called Jack's cut.this will be around 3ish. after everyone is tired from eating grilled food and beer from cans, around 5:30ish, we can go to a well known seafood restauraunt/bar by boat called AJ's, which is less than a mile from where we will be. there,the ladies can get some fruity cocktail drinks,men drink a real drink, and they have the best conch fritters in town,bar none. then we can all ride at sunset back to ramp,maybe a 25 minute ride. there is plenty of dock space at this facility for all of us. range will not be an issue for any boat,and most of the trip will be in protected waters. the tides are the best situation on this day for us to do all of this. This little get together is the best way for some of the people north of savannah who want to go to a funament, but the dreaded travel time to florida restricts people from making the trip.Any and all Mako owners, regardless of year or size,are encouraged to do this trip.If this thing keeps growing,perhaps I can make arrangements for some items like classic mako license plates and shirts to be raffled out on beach??

Leave a comment:

• asdfhood
    replied
    Count me in. Harry Hood, Columbia S. C. Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

Leave a comment:

• Fireproofer
    replied
    I'm in Augusta and would like to make it down for a weekend and a chance to meet some other Mako owners. 88/211. I'll e-mail Ricky to get on the list.

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Adam, count me in! For those that are interested in trying to make it, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will get your contact information to Adam.

Leave a comment:

• michigan dave
    replied
    You all should have a awesome time. Keep it simple and fun and you all should have a abundance of old Mako's. [)][)][)][)]

dave

Leave a comment:

• MAKOnGA
    replied
    Count me in as well. If there is anything i can do to help out let me know. I would like to go south and meet in destin but this is more ideal for my situation.

Leave a comment:

• SC_Mako_23
    replied
    Put me on the list, please.

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    started a topic Savannah Funament, spring 2011

Savannah Funament, spring 2011

I have put together a small list of classic mako owners in savannah that are not to active online,but are interested in doing this. so far I have 7 beautiful makos committed, and this does not include richmond hill people,like Doc fees. there is another gentleman who owns a 17,Ricky Friedenburg, that is active and I'm sure will participate. this is not really not going to be a fishing tournament, just a day gathering on a barrier island with an incoming tide so we can all pull the boats up on the bar and get right out of boats and step right on beach. everyone will bring there own grills,food,beverages,families,cameras,etc.etc., and will be just one big somewhat coordinated daytime throwdown for local classic mako owners...I feel that if a few more from SC come up for the day, this small funament can easily have 13-15 boats, in an affordable,laid back daytrip that most should be able to make,without big traveling expenses like hotel rooms....of course,those who choose to travel are more than welcome... this will probably happen sometime in april. anyone who is interested please respond to this thread!
Working...
X