Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireproofer
    replied
    How about puting up the list of names/boats of those who have commited to show up. If there is a roster of names who could be possible shows then someone could contact them and maybe stir a little more interest. There may also be some who's ride is a work in progress and may not be ready on these dates. Therefore someone could have the opportunity to buddy-up and offer to share thier ride. These are just some ideas for consideration. If someone has the time, talent and willingness write out a plan and delegate!

I'm sure we all can pitch in to make some contributions so no one will have to carry the whole load. Let me know if I can help.

Fireproofer

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    gotcha....I think you'll have more fun with us!! do you know toni tuttle who lives in RH? I used to have his number. try to think of anybody you may know in RH that would come.. Toni has a '75 20 restored,and I know he would come.

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    I fully understand the tides and when I asked about the 21st,I was merely provoking discusion for a new date.I guess I'll have to skip Jeep Beach 2011 for the first ANNUAL Savannah Funament.[8D]

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    the problem Doc is the tides. we want low tide at mid day for were we are going. you can't even get into jack's cut until 3/4 hightide, and it's a very cool spot. this way we get to cover two closeby beaches ,and still go to a restaurant/bar. this is the reason I feel this area is the best, and the tides for that day make it perfect. If we go to a barrier island,say ossabaw,for example, tides are irrelevant, but we are stuck out there all day with no place else to go. it's not close by anything. at this location, there will be easy access for people from out of town, great little boat ride,and never a boring moment. right now,so far,there are 3 boats from out of town,and 9 local boats that are in. your considered a local Doc!

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by SC_Mako_231

The online tide predictor that I use http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/sites_useastlower.html

shows 5/14 High at 05:29 and 5/21 at 11:46 thats for Tybee Light

Yeah,I figured.Like I said,it's usually the opposite from one week to the next.I just know I have another event in Daytona that weekend,so I'll have to choose between the two of them.I was really hoping to have my cake and eat it too.

Leave a comment:

• SC_Mako_23
    replied
    The online tide predictor that I use http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/sites_useastlower.html

shows 5/14 High at 05:29 and 5/21 at 11:46 thats for Tybee Light

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    Can I make a suggestion? What about the 21st? I haven't checked the tides(even though it's usually the opposite from one weekend to the next).Maybe we can take a vote for dates.

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    I'm in!!!! Ofcourse,I may still have my Sea Hunt if that's ok[].

Leave a comment:

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    count me and dad in but we will be in our skiffs

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Michigan dave, I am speaking for Adam without his permission but I think that would be a great idea. And if we can start getting the plans put together, there are 2 to 6 hotels within mile of my house. Not sure where Adam lives but I am in the middle of town and maybe 11 to 12 miles from the ramp that Adam is talking about. And 7 to 8 miles from downtown. We might be able to arrange some in water storage if you would like. Not sure of the cost but when it gets closer, either Adam or myself will find out the cost.

Again, e-mail me ([email protected]) I will put you on the list and keep Adam updated.

Ricky "KnotRight" Friedenberg

Leave a comment:

• michigan dave
    replied
    If you want, we can make this a sticky so it can stay at the top, its up to you all. I think you are all going to have a great time and hopefully have a good turnout....

dave

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    I will start working on that. as far as the plans, it's going to be very simple. we will meet at a boat ramp (turner's creek) 8-9 am on that date. everyone from out of town will have detailed directions and a place to spend the night that is close by. Some of the local makos will already be in the water at the ramp hovering around and waiting for everyone to launch. once everyone launched, we will all ride out, and nobody will get lost since we will travel like a big group of motorcycles. I do need to know,as time goes on a little more, how many people from out of town will attend so I can make arrangements. as far as no see ums, we will have a cure for that if they are present!

Leave a comment:

• Fireproofer
    replied
    Speaking for us we would come down Friday. It would be good to have a place the we could gather and open the Grog locker get a bite of food and firm up plans for the following day. I would want a place to stay prederably on or near the water. If enough of us from out of town are doing the same, maybe someone local could look into what our best and reasonable options would be so that trailering around and trialer parking won't be such a hassle. I'm getting excited already.

Has there been a remedy found to keep the NO-seeums off of you yet?

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Adam, if this works out and members want to come in early on Friday, let have a party on River Street (Google River Street Savannah GA). Vic's on the River are clients and I will see about getting a banquet room if we have enough interest.

Leave a comment:

• rhmc
    replied
    i could be talked into something like that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X