Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireproofer
    replied
    If it suits those who are planning to make it to lets shoot for breakfast before the seminar kicks off. somewhere close to Armstrong college. Ricky you can pick a place. I'm not sure where the wife and I'll stay yet but probably on that side of town. she told me she would skip the early breakfast and the seminar. Just post what your preference will be and we will firm up closer to time.

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    I can be in for either,or both.

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Firerproofer, I am planning on being there. Last year I worked at the CCA both but not sure if I will be working or just attending. I am in for breakfast or dinner. I think that they are serving lunch.

Leave a comment:

• Fireproofer
    replied
    I am planning on attending the SaltWater Sportsamn gig in Savannah on the 5th. of February. It would be great if those who are planning to attend this as well as the May 14 Classic Mako Fundament could meet for Breakfast or lunch on that day. I really hope this will be a sucess and if 2 or 3 gather and have great time then it will be. The only thing that would make it a greater sucess is for our numbers to increase and more folks have fun fellowship aound a common interested ( water & boats. beverages and food ) I we can keep up our interest and continue to firm up our plans.

Leave a comment:

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    My dad will be coming and he has a 12ft skiff that needs even less water so we will not have any problem getting around in the cuts and to and from the beachs. Looking forward to it and my girlfreind is all excitied about another night of camping on the beach.(maybe it wont be as windy this time)

Gabe

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by C130enginetroop

no need i got out at dead low tide on the 4th. I have a 16ft carolina skiff so i only need a foot of water. born and raised on tybee island so i know my way around.

that's awesome.!....that thing will come in handy,and open a new door for those who choose to camp(including myself). scott sparky told me he's in! you might have to bring the fishfinder or ride with me!!!

Leave a comment:

• scottKP
    replied
    Count me in. Sounds like it will be a great time!! Since Sparky is A.W.O.L. I'll have to steal his boat for the weekend. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    no need i got out at dead low tide on the 4th. I have a 16ft carolina skiff so i only need a foot of water. born and raised on tybee island so i know my way around.

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    C130, that's a great time to camp. only problem is you will be sandcrabbed until we can get to you around 3. we can pick you up from the east end in the morning,though. then you can just hang with us on the little tybee bar until the tide comes in and go into jack's.

Leave a comment:

• Doc Fees
    replied
    Middle of May is not too bad for camping out,but to do it in July,you're a real trooper.

Leave a comment:

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    we could also camp out for the night on the beach over at Jacks cut, we spent 4th of july out there and it was a great time.

Gabe

Leave a comment:

• MAKOnGA
    replied
    Keep it rolling Canibal, you got this heading in the right direction. Let me know if I can do anything to help out.

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    Dave, there are alot of variables to that question. for us,in ga., offshore fishing,depending on whether or not your trolling for game fish or bottom fishing, tides really don't matter that much. inshore is a whole different game,evrything revolves around the tide. and around here,launching at dead low tide always presents a minor challenge. certain trout drops are known for best fishing on either a incoming or outgoing tide,for example. either way, in our case for this function, the tides are perfect for what we will be doing... hop on a plane that weekend and ride with us!!! I can pick/drop you off at airport and you can stay at my house if you choose to come. your only expense will be your roundtrip airfare[8D]

Leave a comment:

• michigan dave
    replied
    Since the topic of tides has come up, can someone please explain to me the thought process of planing a fishing trip around the tides, every time I fish the ocean I get all screwed up by the tides, have trouble launching, just get anchored and the boat swings around and I am in a different area than I wanted. etc... When is the best time to be on the water fishing? Low high? or in between. Thanks....

dave

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    fireproofer,gotcha. good idea. only problem is most of these locals are not active on CM,so I only know their real names. I will start contacting them today and get the ball rolling on this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X