X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SavannahSalt
    replied
    Runnin,

I think you are right. It has been a long time since I used a hoist and that part of the "old" tybee marina is closed. Best bet would be to use Chimney Creek Marina and soon as you come out of that creek, Little Tybee is straight ahead. Either way, extreme low water may be an issue around Tybee regardless of where you are.

This location for the gathering is great but not easy to find for those not privvy to local knowledge. Either you put your boat in at Tybee or run the rivers from Wilmington Island boat ramp or Hogan's marina. I would be glad to help anyone who wants directions.

Leave a comment:

• SavannahSalt
    replied
    Runnin,

I think you are right. It has been a long time since I used a hoist and that part of the "old" tybee marina is closed. Best bet would be to use Chimney Creek Marina and soon as you come out of that creek, Little Tybee is straight ahead. Either way, extreme low water may be an issue around Tybee regardless of where you are.

This location for the gathering is great but not easy to find for those not privvy to local knowledge. Either you put your boat in at Tybee or run the rivers from Wilmington Island boat ramp or Hogan's marina. I would be glad to help anyone who wants directions.

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Savannahsalt, I would not have anybody put in at Lazaretto Creek because of the problems getting through at low tide. Also is the Tybee Marina still open? I thought that it is now AJs, If it is still open that is only a mile or so from Jack's Cut.

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Savannahsalt, I would not have anybody put in at Lazaretto Creek because of the problems getting through at low tide. Also is the Tybee Marina still open? I thought that it is now AJs, If it is still open that is only a mile or so from Jack's Cut.

Leave a comment:

• SavannahSalt
    replied
    The closest marina is by far Tybee Marina directly across from the Island. But if you are not putting in at Tybee there is Chimney Creek Marina just about 2 miles away. Or,if you are putting in at any of the ramps on the islands, there are Turner's Creek, Thunderbolt,Islands expressway, and Lazaretto Creek (close to Tybee) boat ramps.

Check out the link I posted earlier and you will see where all of these are relative to Little Tybee Island (South End).

Leave a comment:

• SavannahSalt
    replied
    The closest marina is by far Tybee Marina directly across from the Island. But if you are not putting in at Tybee there is Chimney Creek Marina just about 2 miles away. Or,if you are putting in at any of the ramps on the islands, there are Turner's Creek, Thunderbolt,Islands expressway, and Lazaretto Creek (close to Tybee) boat ramps.

Check out the link I posted earlier and you will see where all of these are relative to Little Tybee Island (South End).

Leave a comment:

• Fireproofer
    replied
    Since I'm not familiar with the area Where would be the best place to plan on launching, Considering it sounds like it will be after dark when we pullem out. suggestions appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Fireproofer
    replied
    Since I'm not familiar with the area Where would be the best place to plan on launching, Considering it sounds like it will be after dark when we pullem out. suggestions appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    that i know of little tybee is the place and if people need a ride they can meet at the back river boat ramp(ally III) or at tybee marina and we can transport people without boats over to the island. I am getting so excited to be able to go over even though i will be in a carolina skiff it should be alot of fun!

Gabe

Leave a comment:

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    that i know of little tybee is the place and if people need a ride they can meet at the back river boat ramp(ally III) or at tybee marina and we can transport people without boats over to the island. I am getting so excited to be able to go over even though i will be in a carolina skiff it should be alot of fun!

Gabe

Leave a comment:

• SavannahSalt
    replied
    Hey Empty / Doc Fees

Sign me up as a local. I have sold my Mako so if it is OK, I will be drifting into the party with a SeaCraft. My dock is right off turner's creek so if anyone needs local help with the waterways I am available.

So what is the Plan? Is the party still on Little Tybee or Wassaw? Count me in for 3 of the shirts (2) XL (1) L

SavannahSalt (Mark Hopkins)

Great web site for Charts. Savannah is on # 11512

http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/m...ineViewer.html

Leave a comment:

• RunninLate
    replied
    Rob,

If your Mako is still in the shop, come on over in your Triumph,

Leave a comment:

• mkd4201
    replied
    Hey guys, hope to have my Mako out of the shop soon. If it's out in time count me in too.

Leave a comment:

• C130enginetroop
    replied
    you should! drink and not have to drive the boat back! plus its alot funner drinking on the island and not haveing to worry about anything. we can pull the boats into jacks cut behind the beach and that way they are in the clam water at night.

Bell

Leave a comment:

• empty canibal
    replied
    hell I might get a new tent for this venture

Leave a comment:

Working...
X