Sailor... Whats the latest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailor... Whats the latest?

Just curious if you had an update for us.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

I made a run to Panama City today.

Is this place near where that grass landing field that goes out right over the water?

Comment

Yes. The hotel contract was signed this week and I will confirm boat dockage tomorrow. I have 15 rooms reserved at a hotel with a dock and next to a park with the nicest boat ramp in town (easy after Ivan) and the hotel has plenty of parking for trailers. I have a local marina/fuel dock signed up to do the weigh-in's and will soon post with all the information, contact numbers, etc. as well as tides, gps coordinates and a inshore/offshore fishing forecast for that time of the year.

We do need to talk about the cookout on Saturday. I plan on bringing my large grill/smoker over as well as my turkey fryer/crab and shrimp broil. I will arrange for bottle water and sodas in a large cooler for the cookout, but we will either need to do a BYOB or collect money for the cookout. Hopefully we will have a LOT of fish and we can have a fish fry. What do you guys think about a sign up for people to bring a dish?

Warthog - you are close. About one mile East of the end of the runway. I will also post GPS coordinates for the Saturday Mako Frenzy (?). You should have called. I work near Sandestin and could have meet you.

Work has been crazy. I have had more work come across my desk in the last 30 days then I did in the previous six months! Plus we are going to Cali in just under two weeks so things are a little hectic around here. Oh yeah, I get my boat back tomorrow after almost two months, which means my new fence has to be completed to keep the HOA witches at bay. [8D]
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

Comment

I thought I was guessing close. It was the only landmark that really stood out. I was sort'a on a bonzi run.

Comment

are we talking about crab island?

Since different people have different likes, I think BYOB would be the most appropriate and easiest way to handle the alcohol thing.
          Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Nope Crab island is at the Destin Bridge. about 12 miles east of this place.
            Richard[br]Panama City,FL[br]Currently Looking for a MAKO[br]America needs Obamacare like Nancy Pelosi needs a halloween mask[br]

Comment

Sailor , where do you work near SanDestin, I live just about a mile from SanDestin, Behind the new hospital
              Richard[br]Panama City,FL[br]Currently Looking for a MAKO[br]America needs Obamacare like Nancy Pelosi needs a halloween mask[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Richard

Sailor , where do you work near SanDestin, I live just about a mile from SanDestin, Behind the new hospital

Richard - I work for FNB&T at the Seascape branch which is right next to the old Tib's restaurant which is now a Japenese steak house. Stop by some time.
                1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

Comment

Well imagine that,, I bank with FNB&T at the SeasCAPE Branch. I installed the Phone System there, when it first opened. Small world

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Richard

Well imagine that,, I bank with FNB&T at the SeasCAPE Branch. I installed the Phone System there, when it first opened. Small world

That is exactly where I work. In fact you came through my office to get to the phone equip in the closet. Stop by sometime.

Comment

We're hoping to come to the island to visit everyone. However, it will be a last minute drill since there are other things scheduled around 8 year old activities that day.

I'll have to do some negotiating with the crew to see where we end up. Sadly, my Mako won't be there - except in spirit [] I can bring a piece of it, there are lots of those [][]
                      [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

Comment

Happy Easter guys. I'm on a slow assed dial up from Mickey Rodent World via AOHell... I can't reply to any of my emails onthe webmail... and I can't get to 2 of my other mail boxes...

Sailor, you had emailed me about some business for the trip. I will be home tomorrow night and will take care of it first thing Tuesday morning. I'll email you as soon as I am finished with registering my stuff.

Thanks for your work. I have indeed made the Big Mouse a bit richer this weekend.
                        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Working...
                        X