Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6th Annual Destin Funament, June 24 - 26, 2010

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Does the Quality Inn let guests keep trailers in the parking lot? I was talking to reservatations and they said it's ok however from past years I have not heard, is this an issue?
    Justin- Malvern, PA[br]20 Mako fish from[br]22 Mako work on

    Comment


    • #32
      quote:


      Originally posted by NJMako


      Does the Quality Inn let guests keep trailers in the parking lot? I was talking to reservatations and they said it's ok however from past years I have not heard, is this an issue?



      Was not an issue for us a couple years ago. There's a public launch just a few blocks down the street from there as well.[]
      Still trying to find relatively inexpensive flights... Open to any suggestions about where the closest airport (major or otherwise) is to fly into...[}]
      Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

      Comment


      • #33
        bit confused, fellas. Help me out. It seems like people are staying in various locations. Quality Inn Bayside in Ft. Walton and Sandpiper Cove. any other hotels/ locals? We want to be where the action is, so what's the delio on this scenario? SNG
        [br][br][email protected][br]one life, live it.[br]Current boats:[br]2012 Parker 2120[br]1965 classic 13 whaler[br]*previous makos:[br]1988 Mako 231 w/ Merc optimax 225 : retired to the sweet water of lake lanier, georgia[br]1987 MAKO 17 standard w/ merc 90 : retired to the sweet water of lake george, new york[br]Tampa, Florida

        Comment


        • #34
          quote:


          Originally posted by sydngoose


          bit confused, fellas. Help me out. It seems like people are staying in various locations. Quality Inn Bayside in Ft. Walton and Sandpiper Cove. any other hotels/ locals? We want to be where the action is, so what's the delio on this scenario? SNG



          As I understand how it worked the last time I attended the CM Destin gathering, the Quality Inn Bayside is the place that Sailor has worked with to get discounted rooms for those coming to attend, and has also rented meeting room(s) for the awards portion of the CM gathering.
          Some folks prefer the more upscale location and amenities of the Sand Piper Cove condos, (and other similar places of the area), and elect to stay in locations other than the "official" hotel that Sailor has wet up the group gatherings for.
          Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

          Comment


          • #35
            quote:


            Originally posted by ob1jeeper


            quote:


            Originally posted by sydngoose


            bit confused, fellas. Help me out. It seems like people are staying in various locations. Quality Inn Bayside in Ft. Walton and Sandpiper Cove. any other hotels/ locals? We want to be where the action is, so what's the delio on this scenario? SNG



            As I understand how it worked the last time I attended the CM Destin gathering, the Quality Inn Bayside is the place that Sailor has worked with to get discounted rooms for those coming to attend, and has also rented meeting room(s) for the awards portion of the CM gathering.
            Some folks prefer the more upscale location and amenities of the Sand Piper Cove condos, (and other similar places of the area), and elect to stay in locations other than the "official" hotel that Sailor has wet up the group gatherings for.



            Correct. Last year I stayed at the Quality Inn. Is just a motel with a boat dock out back. This year I am going to rent a Condo and hopefully the family will be kicking it with me. If I remember correctly from last years rates, you can rent a condo at the Sandpiper cove for about the same as the motel.
            Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian. -Henry Ford[br]1988 Mako 261 \"Stroken\" Project Thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26203[br]1992 Mako221B project thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48747[br]1992 Mako 261B \"Reel Impressive\" project thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56286[br]

            Comment


            • #36
              quote:


              Originally posted by sydngoose


              bit confused, fellas. Help me out. It seems like people are staying in various locations. Quality Inn Bayside in Ft. Walton and Sandpiper Cove. any other hotels/ locals? We want to be where the action is, so what's the delio on this scenario? SNG



              If you want to be where the action is, you need a tent on Noriega Point. [][]

              The festivities will be at the Quality Inn, the "race" from the Bay to the Quality Inn will be right before the captain's meeting, and the boat with the most bikinis wins. Other than that, there are no pressing issues. Just a bunch of guys running around in their boats, cahtiing on VHF 68, and enjoying time with friends and family. [8D][8D]

              I winder if we could actually have a bikini contest this year? Now that's an idea...... guzzle, guzzle.....
              Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

              Comment


              • #37
                quote:


                Originally posted by RudeAttitude


                quote:


                Originally posted by sydngoose


                bit confused, fellas. Help me out. It seems like people are staying in various locations. Quality Inn Bayside in Ft. Walton and Sandpiper Cove. any other hotels/ locals? We want to be where the action is, so what's the delio on this scenario? SNG



                If you want to be where the action is, you need a tent on Noriega Point. [][]

                The festivities will be at the Quality Inn, the "race" from the Bay to the Quality Inn will be right before the captain's meeting, and the boat with the most bikinis wins. Other than that, there are no pressing issues. Just a bunch of guys running around in their boats, cahtiing on VHF 68, and enjoying time with friends and family. [8D][8D]

                I winder if we could actually have a bikini contest this year? Now that's an idea...... guzzle, guzzle.....



                Damn rude ur tryin to make me quit my job just to come down and win that contest ring will out run me but ill have a vessel full of precious cargo[][][][][}][}][][][B)]

                Comment


                • #38
                  quote:


                  Originally posted by doghouse241


                  quote:


                  Originally posted by RudeAttitude


                  quote:


                  Originally posted by sydngoose


                  bit confused, fellas. Help me out. It seems like people are staying in various locations. Quality Inn Bayside in Ft. Walton and Sandpiper Cove. any other hotels/ locals? We want to be where the action is, so what's the delio on this scenario? SNG



                  If you want to be where the action is, you need a tent on Noriega Point. [][]

                  The festivities will be at the Quality Inn, the "race" from the Bay to the Quality Inn will be right before the captain's meeting, and the boat with the most bikinis wins. Other than that, there are no pressing issues. Just a bunch of guys running around in their boats, cahtiing on VHF 68, and enjoying time with friends and family. [8D][8D]

                  I winder if we could actually have a bikini contest this year? Now that's an idea...... guzzle, guzzle.....



                  Damn rude ur tryin to make me quit my job just to come down and win that contest ring will out run me but ill have a vessel full of precious cargo[][][][][}][}][][][B)]



                  Doghouse, Whats your 241 run with them Opti's
                  Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian. -Henry Ford[br]1988 Mako 261 \"Stroken\" Project Thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26203[br]1992 Mako221B project thread: http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48747[br]1992 Mako 261B \"Reel Impressive\" project thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56286[br]

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    quote:


                    Originally posted by ob1jeeper


                    quote:


                    Originally posted by NJMako


                    Does the Quality Inn let guests keep trailers in the parking lot? I was talking to reservatations and they said it's ok however from past years I have not heard, is this an issue?



                    Was not an issue for us a couple years ago. There's a public launch just a few blocks down the street from there as well.[]
                    Still trying to find relatively inexpensive flights... Open to any suggestions about where the closest airport (major or otherwise) is to fly into...[}]



                    Mobile is 2-3 hours away and lots of guys coming through there.

                    Pensacola would be next in line about an hour away.
                    Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I flew into Fort Walton Beach last year.
                      David, New Kent, Va[br]



                      [br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I am in the Pensacola area, so I do not need accomodations. I will be there if my boating life is going as planned.
                        1993 Mako 221B / 2004 F225 Yamaha[br]Pace, FL[br]

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          quote:


                          Originally posted by Stroken


                          quote:


                          Originally posted by doghouse241


                          quote:


                          Originally posted by RudeAttitude


                          quote:


                          Originally posted by sydngoose


                          bit confused, fellas. Help me out. It seems like people are staying in various locations. Quality Inn Bayside in Ft. Walton and Sandpiper Cove. any other hotels/ locals? We want to be where the action is, so what's the delio on this scenario? SNG



                          If you want to be where the action is, you need a tent on Noriega Point. [][]

                          The festivities will be at the Quality Inn, the "race" from the Bay to the Quality Inn will be right before the captain's meeting, and the boat with the most bikinis wins. Other than that, there are no pressing issues. Just a bunch of guys running around in their boats, cahtiing on VHF 68, and enjoying time with friends and family. [8D][8D]

                          I winder if we could actually have a bikini contest this year? Now that's an idea...... guzzle, guzzle.....



                          Damn rude ur tryin to make me quit my job just to come down and win that contest ring will out run me but ill have a vessel full of precious cargo[][][][][}][}][][][B)]



                          Doghouse, Whats your 241 run with them Opti's



                          Slow!!!! Wot around 52-55 at 5200 rpm wit marage 19's pending on the load 50ish with 12 people 100 gallons fuel and enough beer to sink us but its real heavy. Too heavy and rpms stay to low even with a light load

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I moved around my vacation so I have the time off for Destin. If the finances allow it, I will be coming down. I am not sure what boat if any I will be bringing though... Depends on how much I get done this spring on other projects. Anyway my hat is in the ring....

                            dave...
                            [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              quote:


                              Originally posted by michigan dave


                              I moved around my vacation so I have the time off for Destin. If the finances allow it, I will be coming down. I am not sure what boat if any I will be bringing though... Depends on how much I get done this spring on other projects. Anyway my hat is in the ring....


                              dave...


                              Good to hear Dave,I'm looking foward to meeting you.I hope everything works out on your end.
                              1985 Mako 21B w/ 2013 Yamaha F300[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42046 [br]1967 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]1971 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]Richmond Hill,GA[br]

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                quote:


                                Originally posted by michigan dave


                                I moved around my vacation so I have the time off for Destin. If the finances allow it, I will be coming down. I am not sure what boat if any I will be bringing though... Depends on how much I get done this spring on other projects. Anyway my hat is in the ring....


                                dave...


                                Great news Dave! I really hope things work out. As for the boat...I know the trailer is prepared for the trip, so maybe I can get some 1st hand experience of a bracketed 224?[][]

                                I was thinking about you guys the other day, how's Tim? Isn't this Senior year?[]
                                \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
                                \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X