No announcement yet.

6th Annual Destin Funament, June 24 - 26, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I foresee a lot of dock side chat and bay running....

Comment

• Did you see that they have declaired FL as a 'fishery failure'?
      David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

• you can have it up here, the water is always brown anyhow
        Lindenhurst, New York[br]Please email me if you are seeking advice so that I can answer when I have the free time to devote to your question. Thank you.[br]www.raybomarine.com

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by Raybo Marine NY

you can have it up here, the water is always brown anyhow

I know this wont happen but I vote for moving it to the east coast of FL. Yeah its a longer pull for some guys but it not close to what I am facing. I am all but sure TC is not making the trip to Destin due to the oil.
          David, New Kent, Va[br]

[br]Project Thread: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=21067[br]

Comment

• I vote for Lake Martin, AL. I have a FREE place to stay.

Comment

• I LOVE Lake Martin! I grew up there. I was in Destin last weekend and no signs of oil yet. The water was beautiful and we had a great time at Crab Island Friday. Went to the Billy Bowlegs Festival Saturday. Evarything was very nice besides the storms.
              [br]Daphne, AL [br]1987 Mako 254 with a 1993 Yamaha 250

Comment

• quote:

I know this wont happen but I vote for moving it to the east coast of FL. Yeah its a longer pull for some guys but it not close to what I am facing. I am all but sure TC is not making the trip to Destin due to the oil.

I'm sad to hear you're most likely not going to bring TC and I see your reasoning,but Destin just is not the same without a boat.I know you can hitch a ride with others,but I can't imagine being there without mine.
                1985 Mako 21B w/ 2013 Yamaha F300[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42046 [br]1967 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]1971 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]Richmond Hill,GA[br]

Comment

• Even if Crab Island is too nasty there are plenty of places to anchor up in the bay. Then you also have Norriego Point where you don't even have to touch the water. I'm still hoping to make it down, but right now it looks like I may have to work. My boat is down there now and ready. She's just waiting on me!

Comment

• We canceled our reservations at SPC this morning. My crew has been looking forward to this trip for a year now. We regret having to do this, but with the oil situation we won't be able to run very far offshore. We are now going to Ambergris Caye, Belize June 23-28. Let me know if any Mako people will be there.

Scott
                    [br]Callender Girl- 1979 Mako 223 with Cummins Diesel [br]North Padre Island, TX[br](aka:Corpus Christi)

Comment

• I can handle not being able to run offshore,or not even being able to fish much,but if Crab Island and Noriega Point are "closed",then I'm not gonna be very easy to live with.If we can't play at all in water,then what the hell are we going down there for and why am I gonna take my boat? Someone talk me down,please!
                      1985 Mako 21B w/ 2013 Yamaha F300[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42046 [br]1967 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]1971 Boston Whaler 13\'[br]Richmond Hill,GA[br]

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by greycj7

I LOVE Lake Martin! I grew up there. I was in Destin last weekend and no signs of oil yet. The water was beautiful and we had a great time at Crab Island Friday. Went to the Billy Bowlegs Festival Saturday. Evarything was very nice besides the storms.

that was last week, and the event is still 15 days away, it would take a miracle for the oil not to be there in 15 days
                        Lindenhurst, New York[br]Please email me if you are seeking advice so that I can answer when I have the free time to devote to your question. Thank you.[br]www.raybomarine.com

Comment

• That is a shame. For various reasons, mostly economic, we are glad to have moved away from Destin. It is however, a great place to visit, so I can't even wish this on the inept county-phobes in city government. I hope that you can make the best of it.

I'm with TC. Next year: OBX

Dieselmako 23:

Throw a cold one down yer gullet at Ramon's for me when youre in Ambergris. Right outside, on the beach, barefoot but brave, is where I got my neck broke (married) many many moons ago.
                          Vero Beach, Florida[br]1970 Mako 19[br]1991 Mako 230

Comment

• I know. I'm just trying to be optimistic. I know the oil will be there somewhere. I just hope they can somehow keep it out of the bay. As swift as the current gets in Destin Pass, they had better come up with something better than those booms.

I can definately see y'alls point though. I know it takes alot of time, money, etc. to make the trip. It's a damn shame that we have to play this waiting game.

Comment

• I stayed at Ramon's on my Honeymoon as well. Grat place.
                              quote:

Originally posted by Hoggercap

That is a shame. For various reasons, mostly economic, we are glad to have moved away from Destin. It is however, a great place to visit, so I can't even wish this on the inept county-phobes in city government. I hope that you can make the best of it.

I'm with TC. Next year: OBX

Dieselmako 23:

Throw a cold one down yer gullet at Ramon's for me when youre in Ambergris. Right outside, on the beach, barefoot but brave, is where I got my neck broke (married) many many moons ago.

[br]Callender Girl- 1979 Mako 223 with Cummins Diesel [br]North Padre Island, TX[br](aka:Corpus Christi)

Comment

• Just read that East of the Destin pass is open to fishing in Federal waters.

Also, 2 friends just left Destin, went to the beach, hung out at Crab Island and Noriega point, and charter fished for 2 days. Never saw any oil or a hint of anything wrong.......

Don't beleive the news guys.... Pisses me off. The photos they show on TV from the ROV are all dated June 3-6th. The most up to date ROV coverage shows very little oil coming out of the vents (most closed??), but who wants to see THAT on the news, so they keep showing the older pics.
                                Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

Working...
                                X