Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VHF monitoring channel?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VHF monitoring channel?

    I sure you guys plan on talking about this at the captain's meeting, but for those who may not be able to attend. Any thoughts Steve?
    Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

  • #2
    quote:


    Originally posted by RudeAttitude


    I sure you guys plan on talking about this at the captain's meeting, but for those who may not be able to attend. Any thoughts Steve?



    Yes...I'll post tonight unless someone else knows the right channel. Last year we first picked 68, but it gets awful busy around here. I looked the other night I think 72 would work...I just want to make sure that we don't pick a channel that is only transmitted on low power.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

    Comment


    • #3
      A little late, but for those who were not at the captains meeting we will be monitoring channel 68.
      1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

      Comment


      • #4
        Rude,

        I see you have etecs. I am going to put an etec 250 on my 211. How do you like them?

        thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          We need to use 69 from now on. I remember last year we switched from 68 to 69 due to all the local Jibber Jabber.

          It's a high power channel.

          We just need Artie to change out those rabbit ears for a real antenna to get some distance. [:x)]

          Comment


          • #6
            quote:


            Originally posted by cypremort


            Rude,


            I see you have etecs. I am going to put an etec 250 on my 211. How do you like them?

            thanks


            Love 'em so far.

            Bobby, I was siting in the driveway yesterday listening to the idjits offshore being rescued by the coastguard out of Mobile. I'm not real sure what the problem was in Destin. Plus, the wife thinks my rabbit ears are plenty big enough..... [] [(#)]
            Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

            Comment


            • #7
              The Coast Guard always gets out well.

              That's not a super indication. I could hear CG station Mobile,Al. in Destin on Saturday.

              Chuck B's radio was 5X5 when I was talking to him offshore. []

              Comment


              • #8
                quote:


                Originally posted by warthog5


                The Coast Guard always gets out well.


                That's not a super indication. I could hear CG station Mobile,Al. in Destin on Saturday.

                Chuck B's radio was 5X5 when I was talking to him offshore. []


                Yep - long ago when I was stranded 35 miles out in a Mako 25 I could talk to Mobile CG, but not Destin CG.

                Artie - on Friday I could hear Chuck all day long but you sounded like you were over in the Atlantic and I was closer to you then Chuck. That shorty atennae doesn't work on a half sine wave like an 8 footer does for optimal performance.
                1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Keep talking guys[][:x)]! Even though we are only talking radios I am soaking up all this Chuck outperformed Rude talk [:u][)][)]!

                  If I only had a third of his impressive electronics [:0][B)][!].

                  For looks the guy I purchased my boat from installed 2 8 footers on top of t-top? He only had 1 vhf and a Garmin combo unit, but thought 2 antennas looked better. When I installed radio I connected to other 8', and fishing 30 miles out I was able to get Mobile stations I couldn't get in the car in Destin[:u].
                  \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
                  \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It all makes sense now. The "secret" Tugboat must be like a Bermuda Triangle where communications are effected. I'll take that trade off..... [] [(#)][88]
                    Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      quote:


                      Originally posted by RudeAttitude


                      It all makes sense now. The "secret" Tugboat must be like a Bermuda Triangle where communications are effected. I'll take that trade off..... [] [(#)][88]



                      You know I discovered the "secret tugboat" location and next year you better get up earlier because I know a 224 that really wants a big dolphin[][)].
                      \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
                      \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        quote:


                        Originally posted by ChuckB


                        You know I discovered the "secret tugboat" location and next year you better get up earlier because I know a 224 that really wants a big dolphin[][)].


                        If you want to fish that tug, you better put your batteries on... You're gonna have to race a tricked out 261 with big black ass motors. So you'd better leave real early. [][][][][]
                        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          quote:


                          Originally posted by RingLeader



                          If you want to fish that tug, you better put your batteries on... You're gonna have to race a tricked out 261 with big black ass motors. So you'd better leave real early. [][][][][]



                          I just hope by June '08 I get to see a tricked out 261 [:u][][)][)][)]

                          You know I was told the reason for late departure is you like your beauty sleep, so either you were a scape goat or I got nothing to worry about[].
                          \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
                          \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            quote:


                            Originally posted by RingLeader


                            quote:


                            Originally posted by ChuckB


                            You know I discovered the "secret tugboat" location and next year you better get up earlier because I know a 224 that really wants a big dolphin[][)].


                            If you want to fish that tug, you better put your batteries on... You're gonna have to race a tricked out 261 with big black ass motors. So you'd better leave real early. [][][][][]



                            hmm, maybe there will be a few boats that leave after the Captains meeting next year? [:x)]

                            I agree with Chuck...I just want to see that tricked out 261. [88][(#)][:u][8D][][][]
                            1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Don't know about the beauty thing. I do better on a long night's sleep. I was told they were going to sleep in, so I said GREAT! I'm not in any rush. I too hope to see a tricked out 261. Even if its not mine.
                              Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X