3rd Annual 2007 Destin Funament Dates - NEW DATES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Annual 2007 Destin Funament Dates - NEW DATES

The dates for the 2007 Destin Funament has been set for June 14 - 16.id="size4"> The format will be the same as last year.

Thursday June 14 - Captains meeting at 7 PM where you can meet your fellow Mako buddies, learn about local fishing hot spots and tricks, as well pick up your captains bag.

Friday June 15 - fishing all day. Friday night dinner/gathering to be announced.

Saturday June 16 - fishing all day with the Captains meeting Saturday evening starting at 5 PM. Awards and door prizes will be given away and dinner will be served. Location to be announced.

Several boats anchored up on "Crab Island" Saturday afternoon after a morning fishing trip and a few more of us went back to Noriega Point in the Destin Harbor on Sunday.

Stay tuned for more information. [8D]
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

THANK YOU FOR THE EARLY POST!!!! This will give all our members time to schedule vacation and such. I hope this year will have even more participation than last. I can smell the fish frying already.

dave.
    [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

Unless some huge crisis happens, I am going to the 3rd annual Destin Funament. I will either fly in or if some miracle happens I will have a completed 22 behind the truck on a nice long tow from NJ. My money is on flying in.
      Justin- Malvern, PA[br]20 Mako fish from[br]22 Mako work on

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by NJMako

Unless some huge crisis happens, I am going to the 3rd annual Destin Funament. I will either fly in or if some miracle happens I will have a completed 22 behind the truck on a nice long tow from NJ. My money is on flying in.

Excellent! Last year we had plenty of space on boats, but I'm not sure about this year yet but I'm sure we can help. You might actually give MichiganDave and family a run for the farthest traveled award..... unless we have some West Coasters show up...hint, hint. [8D]
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

Comment

Would I be way out of place if I came and brought my Aquasport CCP 222?[}]
          [br]88 Aquasport CCP 222 w/99\' 200 EFI Merc[br]Central Miss and the Gulf Coast[br]Beware the lolipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever

Comment

Absolutely NOT!! You may not win the "oldest Mako" award [8D], but you are certainly welcome. []

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by damnitbadger

Would I be way out of place if I came and brought my Aquasport CCP 222?[}]

We always welcome SOB's (some other boats) heck its a good time fishing and chatting and eating. We usually get good room rates and a good time is had by all. You do like to fish......dont you?? []

dave
              [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

I think I just might spend more time on the Sandbar this year.[:x)]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by warthog5

I think I just might spend more time on the Sandbar this year.[:x)]

That was a great place to hang out. Exept I got my worst sunburn ever there that day[xx(] I will have the good factor 40 on next year. heheh dave.

Comment

dang, I gues this means I need to start getting the boat working again soon.
                    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Anybody got a map showing the general location of the Sand bar in relation to canals with condo's for rent for the days in question? I'd love to get a condo close by with a dock.
                      [br]88 Aquasport CCP 222 w/99\' 200 EFI Merc[br]Central Miss and the Gulf Coast[br]Beware the lolipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever

Comment

Use the following - http://maps.google.com/ and type in destin, fl in the box at the top. Then hit search maps. Once you get the map on your screen, hit the satellite button in the upper right corner. Use your mouse wheel to zoom in an out (or the scale in the upper left of the screen). Anyway the whole area is visiable and the bar is easily picked out.
                        1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by damnitbadger

Anybody got a map showing the general location of the Sand bar in relation to canals with condo's for rent for the days in question? I'd love to get a condo close by with a dock.

We were on Noriega Point last year which is just inside Destin harbor on the South side and is the *only* place that doesn't CURRENTLY have a condo on it. It is directly across from the bars and charter boat docks. The other place to hang out is Crab Island which is due North of the Destin Bridge. Go to maps.google.com and you will see it very clearly.

I always get a group discount at one hotel with a dock and will post that soon.

Comment

I enjoyed the hotel from last 2 years. They do have a lower priced

section in the building just to the north of last years hotel. Tim and I are coming for sure. You picked the perfect weekend to make this happen. Thanks for your help. dave.

Comment

I been sitting here reading this forum for a MONTH and just tonight caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, as I'm moving on to another post, I see something about a THIRD Desting Gathering Schedule been set !!! [:u][:0][B)][:u][:0][B)][:u][:0][B)]

Where the HECK have I been [?][?][?]... [}][:I][?]...Musta just dropped off the turnip wagon, or been returned from the Space-Ball int he SKY...[:u][:x)][88][(#)][;^)]

Am marking my calendar as we speak, and DADGUMMIT... if I somehow space out again... PLEASE... somebody SLAP me silly, or SHOOT my sorry behind ! ! ![:u][}][][:x)][;^)]
                              Working for a livin\' is HIGHLY Over-Rated...[][br]

Comment

Working...
                              X