2007 Destin Funament & '06 Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Destin Funament & '06 Feedback

Ok, I want some feedback on the funament this year. What did you like and what did you not like? What would you like to see different next year?

So far, I think the cookout needs to be earlier, maybe 5 or 6 PM. Lst year it was at 3 and no one showed up until 4:30, but this year went a little late. I will also check into getting it catered next year so we (I) don't have to deal with all the food.

I also think I will add a ladies division next year.

What else would you guys like to see? More cruising and less fishing?
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

quote:

I think the cookout needs to be earlier, maybe 5 or 6 PM

I talked to Dave when he droped his boat off yesterday.

He said the motel right beside the one we stayed at was $330 for a whole week and they take pet's too. []

My bill was $429 for 3 day's just for me.[]

Comment

Steve,

I also think the ladies division is a good idea. Keep the kids division or maybe a teenager division.

5:00 sound about right for the cookout. It will sure be hot if the weather is anything like this year.

Catered cookout???? What the heck is that? Maybe take turns on the pit or assemble a cooking crew.

Bobby, I can't believe you didn't use your AARP card. hehehe
      Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

Comment

Steve, We had a blast it was just too short. I think I am going to plan for a week next year. You did a great job and I appreciate all the time, energy, and money you put into it. I personaly am more of a casual fisherman and enjoy just cruising/boating just a s much. I think that if we fished till 1 each day and had a wiegh in at 2 (so that everyone could be present) to see how everyone did then do a coctail cruise or anchor up somewhere-we could mingle more and meet more mako folks and include families. I would have liked to spent more time with some of the folks there but without a set event it was hard to catch everyone. Just my 2 cents. Thanks again and if I can do anything to help with next year let me know.
        Nick Dodge[br]Maysville, GA[br]1990 Mako 261 Broken Arrow[br][br]Project Thread- http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56182&whichpage=1

Comment

Gotta start the cookout/gathering earlier. Maybe a capt's meeting at Hooters on Friday night. Everything else was just fine.

We were going to look into getting a condo next year since I am bringing the girls. But we'll need someplace to keep the boat... if I have a boat after hurricane season 2006.[xx(]
          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

The earlier cookout would be a good idea. I also like the idea of a women's division. Overall, you did a great job Steve and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

For those who are considering a condo type deal, I am going to make a few phone calls later next month about trying to book some 3 bedroom condos with a mass deal. Near the condo we normally stay at, there are several condos for sale with boat slips that should be bargainable for a weekend rent. The main issue for me with the boat in the water is having access to shore power.
            Artie Sutherland[br]Rude Attitude -\'76 Mako 25 CC. - SOLD[br]1976 Mako 21[br]2002 Yellowfin 31 - 300 hp Suzukis[br]Gulf Coast, Mississippi[br]

Comment

I would be interested in knowing what you everyone did not like about the funament. Please feel free to email me privately or post. I want feedback on how to make this a better event as well as create dialogue for future Funaments for other clubs.
              1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

Comment

I did not like it because while I was working saturday and sunday you clowns were out fishing and BBQ'ing [:x)]
                Lindenhurst, New York[br]Please email me if you are seeking advice so that I can answer when I have the free time to devote to your question. Thank you.[br]www.raybomarine.com

Comment

The 5pm dinner is a good idea, I love to cookout and dont think the catering deal would be money well spent. Feel free to delagate more of the work next year. Heck were all family now, just tell us how to help and we will get er done.. We had a ball, stayed in town till tues afternoon and then went over to Arties for a couple days. On monday we went to the big waterslide park in destin and had a ball.

dave
                  [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

Comment

From the pics.... I just wish we were there. Maybe next year. Will follow up.
                    Jacksonville, Fl.[br]261cc[br]JFRD

Comment

Ok: I Liked the Pictures, Looks like a Great time had by all![]

I did'nt like the fact that we missed it![:-(]

I would'nt like to see any changes in the weather or sea

conditions from the 2nd to the 3rd annual event []

I would like to see reasonable fuel prices for our tow to

Destin, as of this writing I'm planning on it for 07 [88]

Will stay informed here...I like the condo idea, and or the Motel next door Bobby mentioned! If I can make it I will have plenty of room for crew!!![)]

There is a buzz about a Mako Trip to Bimini in 07...![:u]
                      June 2009 Bimini Fishing Extravaganza---------------------------------------------------------------[br][br]Photo by Martha Costa.................................. Photo By George Poveromo...........................[br][br]2005 Mainship 400 Swift Trawler, Twin 240 Yanmar\'s w/thruster [br]sales distributor of: 2010 11\' Bluewater Baby w/2011 25hp Tohatsu 4str.[br]dinghiesndavits.com [br]ex: 1975 20a Mako[br]ex: 1992 221 Mako[br]ex: 2000 George Poveromo Edition 282 Mako[br]ex: 2002 George Poveromo Edition 282 Mako[br]Sarasota / Bradenton Fl./Falmouth, Ma. Cape Cod / Andros Bahamas[br]Founding President www.ManasotaMako.com

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Manasotamako

There is a buzz about a Mako Trip to Bimini in 07...![:u]

Really? Wow that would be a great trip.

Comment

Working...
                        X