6/8 Destin Fishing Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/8 Destin Fishing Report

You could waterski out in the Gulf today it is so calm! Here is the latest fishing report from www.halfhitch.com

DESTIN

This week has been a lot of the same. Plenty of kings near shore, scattered dolphin and good numbers of whaoo just off the edge. Russell White captured a 58 lb. cobia this week while bottom fishing just a few miles offshore. On the offshore scene several marlin have been caught along with an 868 lb bluefin tuna out of Orange beach.

The jetties are turning in a good catch of black snapper and hardtails. Off the pier the hardtails, ladyfish and blues are good. In the surf, plenty of ladyfish, hardtails and sharks. One thing about the surf is there is still a good bit of seaweed and you will have to search out a clean place to fish.

As for the bottom fish, they are still getting good numbers of snapper and grouper and we have seen some real good catches of amberjack. Several boats have reported good numbers of triggerfish down West.

BAYS

“Plenty of red grouper but the gags are proving to be elusive” are the reports we are getting from boats headed offshore. We don’t know what the answer is; however, large live baits will be the key to finding the gags. There are plenty of red snapper being caught offshore as well as inshore on most structure. Live cigar minnows and jigs are working great on the snapper, grouper and on the many amberjack that are holding over most structure.

If you are headed to the Squiggles area, we have received reports of a very large weed line that runs east to West that is holding a lot of wahoo and dolphin.

Within 15 miles of the Pass the King mackerel bite is very strong and can be caught by slow trolling duster or widget/cigar minnow rigs. Manns stretch 25 and 30 lures as well as by flat-lining cigar minnows and hard tails. The pompano bite is still good along the beaches and they can be caught on fresh dead shrimp, sand fleas and pompano jigs. In the Pass anglers are having fun catching mangrove snapper using small live shrimp as well as Spanish mackerel, bluefish and ladyfish on spoons and Got-Cha plugs and straw rigs. The bait is thick outside the pass.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

MAN - I gotta stay off this damn forum [:0] - You guys are making me INSANLY JEALOUS [] [B)]!id="size5">id="red">

Have a good time and I hope you catch lots of fish, however I'll be posting mine Monday and pretend I was part of the festivities. Always competitive - going for Snapper & AJ's [][][8D].
    \'93 241 https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...etting-started
    \'82 224 - Mobile, AL Gone but NEVER Forgotten - https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...indshield-tank

Comment

Working...
    X