Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destin Funament VHF channel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Destin Funament VHF channel

    Monitor channel 68 on the VHF for the Funament.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

  • #2
    On tournament day up here every one calls in every 2 hours to report there catch and to pass on info (if they want) Kind of cool way to keep up on what the gang is doing, if someone is having a rough day of it sometimes a little info. goes a long way to help. (especially for the rookies like me hehehh) What do you guys think??

    BTW I will have my radio equipment with me if anyone wants to check there output and SWR.

    dave
    [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

    Comment


    • #3
      Will do.

      We plan on getting their Wednesday evening for a little Thursday AM scouting and fishing. I will have mine on.
      Larry Smith[br]Pasadena, Tx[br]\'97 Mako 191

      Comment


      • #4
        Good idea Dave. If people want to broadcast their catches that is good. Channel 68 gets busy around Destin on the weekends, so keep that in mind.
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

        Comment


        • #5
          quote:


          Originally posted by Sailor


          Good idea Dave. If people want to broadcast their catches that is good. Channel 68 gets busy around Destin on the weekends, so keep that in mind.



          I was thinking the same thing about 68 since it's the most popular "public" channel. Maybe we should pick another one just for our group?

          Dave, don't worry about getting info I'll just yell at you the good spots. It looks like the starfish will be a good starting point for us mid-range guys. The Rock Clif is only another 10 miles south west of there. It goes from 120 feet to 300 feet real quick at that spot. We can start the morning bottom fishing for snapper and grouper around the starfish and maybe some AJ's from the wreck in the center. Once we've limited out we can cruise over to the cliff and troll for some Mahi, Tuna, & Wahoooooooooo. If we find a good weed patch we maybe able to stop and pick-up a load of chicken dolphin too.
          Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

          Comment


          • #6
            Sailor Are there any bait boat's out of Destin?

            There are 2 out of P'Cola and they are working on getting a 3rd boat.

            It's a good deal. 50 live sig's for $20. Heck a 5lb box of frozen one's are $15.

            But I have my new Sabiki rod to test out.[(#)]

            Comment


            • #7
              quote:


              Originally posted by warthog5


              Sailor Are there any bait boat's out of Destin?


              There are 2 out of P'Cola and they are working on getting a 3rd boat.

              It's a good deal. 50 live sig's for $20. Heck a 5lb box of frozen one's are $15.

              But I have my new Sabiki rod to test out.[(#)]


              There is at least one bait boat right now. You have to get there early to beat the charter boats though. The last report I heard, the bait was thick and easy to catch on Sabikis.

              Hungone - that is exactly my plan for Friday! [8D] I will be hitting the ramp by the hotel about 5:30 and hopefully at the pass at 6 after no-wake zone and a stop at harborwalk for ice.
              1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog[br]1985 Mako 20c - sold[br]Mary Esther, FL[br]http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42841[br]

              Comment


              • #8
                Thats a plan, I want to pick up some shrimp somewhere also. Im fond of them critters for bottom fishing. and some squid to cut.

                dave
                [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

                Comment


                • #9
                  quote:


                  Originally posted by michigan dave


                  Thats a plan, I want to pick up some shrimp somewhere also. Im fond of them critters for bottom fishing. and some squid to cut.

                  dave



                  Dave don't worry about shrimp unless you want to eat them for yourself. Gulf Coast shrimp is delicious. I'll try to pickup some whole squid for us from the local Asian store here if I have time. I want to see what their ribbon fish look like as well. They are usually on the large side but every now and then they will have some that are perfect for smoker kings. I'll pickup some octopus as well. Their tenticles make great grouper bait especially used as a trailer on a jig. Your primary baits will be live and frozen cigars/herring. Is your live well up to par?

                  Sailor, you time schedule looks perfect. It's going to be so cool having a fleet of us monkey boaters headed out there.
                  Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    uhhh, live well??? Guess I better get the thinking cap on and figure out one. heheh. dave
                    [br]1994 Mako 215 Dual console Optimax 225[br]1978 Mako 19 with 90hp johnson[br]1996 Mako 22[br]1982 Mako 171 Angler 135 Black Max Mercury[br]1987 21b 225 Yamaha[br]1974 23 inboard Gusto gone.[br]1979m21 225johnson \"blue dolphin\" bought off this board and restored [br]with everyone\'s help!!Gone but not Forgotten....[br]1979 20 Mako 115 Suzuki gone[br]1977 19 Mako 115 Johnson gone[br]1976 23 Mako twin 140 Johnsons gone[br]1983 224 with closed transom and bracket[br]And 162 SOB (some other boats)[br]Venice Florida, Traverse city Mi.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      quote:


                      I'll try to pickup some whole squid for us from the local Asian store here if I have time. I want to see what their ribbon fish look like as well. They are usually on the large side but every now and then they will have some that are perfect for smoker kings. I'll pickup some octopus as well. Their tenticles make great grouper bait especially used as a trailer on a jig.



                      Dang, I wish I'd thought of that.. We were in Atlanta Saturday and Paula hung out in "china town" getting "stuff" while I hung out at BPS getting "stuff" [].

                      I'll have to remember that next time.

                      HungOne if you guys are breezing though Auburn about lunch time and decide to stop, give me a call. We're not leaving until after Nathan's baseball camp is over so I'm guessing we'll be in FWB/Destin between 7 and 8 at best.
                      [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        quote:


                        Originally posted by DestinBound


                        quote:


                        I'll try to pickup some whole squid for us from the local Asian store here if I have time. I want to see what their ribbon fish look like as well. They are usually on the large side but every now and then they will have some that are perfect for smoker kings. I'll pickup some octopus as well. Their tenticles make great grouper bait especially used as a trailer on a jig.


                        Dang, I wish I'd thought of that.. We were in Atlanta Saturday and Paula hung out in "china town" getting "stuff" while I hung out at BPS getting "stuff" [].

                        I'll have to remember that next time.

                        HungOne if you guys are breezing though Auburn about lunch time and decide to stop, give me a call. We're not leaving until after Nathan's baseball camp is over so I'm guessing we'll be in FWB/Destin between 7 and 8 at best.



                        Ben, we should be passing by the Auburn exit on I-85 right at lunch time so I'll make plans to stop in the area for lunch. I'll call you on the cell to coordinate time. I can pickup some stuff for you or anyone else for that matter from the Asian store if you want. I'll check back a couple more times today so speak now or forever hold your peace....[]
                        Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X