circuit breaker mount location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• circuit breaker mount location

hello guys Im gonna be cleaning up the wiring on my 1979 mako 23 so Im wondering where most of you guys mount the breaker panel so its accessible both visually and mechanically? I was thinkin about inside the console with access provided by a hatch door in side but Im sure some of you guys have a better solution thanks for your help
    Elizabeth King

Inside the console is a good place.....assuming you are talking about a circuit breaker between your ACR and the batteries. Typically the breaker is installed near the source, so if you are installing a windless it would be in the bow.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

HELLO SAILOR I was more concerned with the location for the individual circuit breaker panel for installation of new wiring ease of maintenance etc thanks for the reply
      Elizabeth King

Comment

When I first read your post I was thinking you were talking about a circuit breaker like the one below, but re-reading that you said panel then I would mount it under the console. Do you have a picture of what you are trying to mount? Also, posting in the discussion forum might get more responses as well. []

1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

hello sailor, Im basically concerned about all the general boat circuitry Im a stickler on ease of trouble shooting and installation of additional electrical components maybe like a panel or box mounted inside the console that is accessible by one of those bomar doors you know where im going with this? I really like this site and have been lurking on and off for many years, I have owned 11 or 12 boats and except for 2 whalers all have been MAKOS wouldnt own anything else!! I sold my favorite one six years ago and left fishing well I got stupid again and bought a 1979 231 my second 23 shes built like a battle ship SO im about to start the modifications so thank you and and classic mako for years of help jerry k
          Elizabeth King

Comment

I have helped a number of CM members with their electrical updates. Suggest you install a sub panel to the front of the console. To keep it modular you could mount electrical components and pre-wire most of the devices. For battery management consider Marinco BEP cluster. Bluesea fuse panels, busbars and accessories are a good choice. If you are relocating your batteries to under the console you will need to install power cables and power posts. Could provide an Excel spreadsheet of suggested electrical components, sub panel layout and wiring diagrams. Let me know at DMK one one six at Comcast dot net.
            Keyman[br]Paoli, PA

Comment

thanks keyman and sailor your ideas are spot on as soon as rthis long island weather breaks im gonna jump on this thanks
              Elizabeth King

Comment

Working...
              X