hook motor data to Raymarine MFD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hook motor data to Raymarine MFD?

I have raymarine MFD but motor data is not connected. Motor is 2014 Suzuki 250. what is needed to make this connection? i assume there is some connection to be made to the wiring harness and then screwed into the back of the MFD. Is it something i can do myself?
    Matt221[br]\'89 Mako 221 w/ Zuke 250[br]\'77 Mako 17\' Angler (under construction)[br]Auburn,AL[br]

its a Raymarine a78
    Matt221[br]\'89 Mako 221 w/ Zuke 250[br]\'77 Mako 17\' Angler (under construction)[br]Auburn,AL[br]

Comment

It appears to me that the A78 only has a NEMA 0183 input. I don't know if you can get engine data from that or not. Do you know if the unit has a NEMA 2000 input?

Comment

any brand nmea 2000 backbone will work, you can install it yourself. just requires power and ground. The suzuki will have a nmea interface that you will need to purchase as well. Look up which version will work with the 2014. probably version 2.5-2.8 any suzuki dealer can help you and the price is usually about $100 for the interface.

The interface will hook right up into the nmea 2000 T, just make sure that all empty ports of the "T" are terminated.

I did my suzuki for about 200$ in materials and it took maybe 2 hours max, spent more time getting the wiring through the rigging tube.

EDIT just spoke to my friend who does it for a living he said version 3.5 does 2014+ part number 990c0-88149-350
        Marc Muzzy[br]S.W. Florida [br]Anna Maria Island[br]\'81 25 \'09 suzuki 250[br]

Comment

Originally posted by Matt221 View Post
          I have raymarine MFD but motor data is not connected. Motor is 2014 Suzuki 250. what is needed to make this connection Rachat de crédit plus trésorerie ? i assume there is some connection to be made to the wiring harness and then screwed into the back of the MFD. Is it something i can do myself?
          Maybe you have to look at the ignition because if it does not start, it may be because of a candle that does not light.

Comment

Working...
          X