Garmin 94 sv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin 94 sv

Santa was goo to me and a new 94sv Garmin is ready to install. I,ve thought about a through hull or in hull as opposed to the transom mount that came with it. Anyone have advice on this?

i have the transducer on the stern. Side view only works this way. I researched your same question and went with the included ducer for the same purpose
    Marc Muzzy[br]S.W. Florida [br]Anna Maria Island[br]\'81 25 \'09 suzuki 250[br]

Comment

Thanks Muzzy. Any advice on the install would be appreciated

Comment

it was pretty straight forward for me. I did cut a starboard trim piece and 5200 that to my transom to act as a stern saver. That ducer does spray a lot. Some guys have built splash guards, i read on tht, i just moved it around until it didnt spray and i get a good down and side scan at 25mph, it isnt quite accurate above that but chances are im cruising not fishing if im going faster.....

I flush mounted mine and I got my nmea network talking to my vhf and to my suzuki outboard displaying all of my engine temps, hours, etc on the screen i can take some pictures if youd like.

Comment

Thanks Muzzy. Installation is underway and I will get back to you with questions. Thanks!

Comment

Muzzy I have questions: can you input GPS # through a computer?

Comment

use garmin mapsource for inputing numbers. It is great you can overlay with google earth and get a better understanding of where the spots really are if you are in shallow waters.
              1998 253 W/A Suzuki 300

Comment

I am computer illiterate!! I went to Garmin Map source and have it to where it looks like you can enter a number, how do you do that as no place to enter shows up? Help.

Comment

i am actually working on putting in gps numbers through the computer now. I didnt think it was possible. A good friend is a charter captian and said it is. Once we figure it out, I can make a little video and post it to youtube or whatever.

Comment

Muzzy, I'm using Home Port to to my machine. Got info from Garmin and am trying it. putting them in the machine directly is a pia.

Comment

Working...
                    X