Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jabsco 135SL Searchlight Issue

Hi everyone,

I am rebuilding the electrical system on my Mako15, everything is done except for my Jabsco searchlight 135SL. The gear under the head is stripped. Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement? Not having much luck in google searches. I am considering rebuilding the gear myself, but a new one would be easier. Thanks for any info!

Mark
    Mark Kriz[br]Mako15 1974[br]Mercury Thunderbolt 800 1972[br]Maple Valley, WA[br][br]

Never mind. I figured it out. Turns out the gear for the 135SL is built into the head of the unit. I cleaned out the old grease, added a very thin coat of new marine grease, and adjusted the electric motor mount to be tighter against the gear. Put it all back together, and now it works great! Cleaned the remote control switch and made a new button out of a vinyl shudder screw (cut off the screw section to 1/2 inch then very carefully drilled out a hole so it fit on the control peg). Now my 1974 Mako15 has a rebuilt and working electrical system!
    Mark Kriz[br]Mako15 1974[br]Mercury Thunderbolt 800 1972[br]Maple Valley, WA[br][br]

Comment

Working...
    X