WTB: Whaler or Mckee type skiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Whaler or Mckee type skiff

I know it's not a Mako but I've got a teenage son who is ready for his own boat. I can't turn him loose with the 22' mako with a 225 on the back. I'm looking for something cheap about 15' that he and his buds can get some freedom on the river here and go fish. Ideally a couple grand at MOST (really less). I'm looking for something like a whaler as it will sit in the water or on a floating dock. A 17' Mako is too big for him to winch up on a floating doc so trying to keep it smaller. Don't care about nice, the rougher and cheaper the better. Project whaler sitting in the backyard growing a tree is perfect. If anyone knows of a lead please let me know.
    I'm located in Central Florida, willing to travel some for the right boat but the northeast is a bit far...
    Thanks.
    Last edited by PiperMachine; 07-12-2019, 08:54 AM.

I’ve seen quite a few on Craigslist south Florida cheap
    20 Seacraft MA undergoing some work[br]

Comment

Originally posted by jorgeinmiami View Post
      I’ve seen quite a few on Craigslist south Florida cheap
      Most want $5k to 10k for a decent one. I'm looking for a backyard special.

Comment

PiperMachine, I have a 13' Whaler project boat I am getting ready to list for sale. Needs restoration, but has been under a tarp since I picked it up 2 years ago in Florence, SC. Hull is dry. Has what I believe to be an original Whaler trailer that could accommodate up to a 15' Whaler. Trailer is road-worthy and I installed a new light kit for it recently. I can send pics of the boat (if it ever stops raining here in Atlanta!)…..

Comment

Originally posted by jeffelectric1 View Post
          PiperMachine, I have a 13' Whaler project boat I am getting ready to list for sale. Needs restoration, but has been under a tarp since I picked it up 2 years ago in Florence, SC. Hull is dry. Has what I believe to be an original Whaler trailer that could accommodate up to a 15' Whaler. Trailer is road-worthy and I installed a new light kit for it recently. I can send pics of the boat (if it ever stops raining here in Atlanta!)…..
          PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by PiperMachine View Post

PM sent
            Piper did you scoop this? I'm curious for a friend, lmk thanks
            Norwalk, CT
            '79 19ft Mako - Project Thread

Comment

My daughter has an 1989 (+-) 17' Wahoo CC with a 88hp Evinrude Special she might want to sell. Unfortunately it
              is in the southern Keys. Not sure where you are. Call if interested. Steve 609-206-7071
              1984 Mako 228 w/ 175hp E-Tec [br]1983 SeaRay 26\' Sundancer w/ 454 Big Block spinning Volvo DuoProps (Sold)[br]1989 Wahoo 17\' CC w/ 88hp Evinrude (vacationing in Key West)[br]

Comment

Originally posted by Nogis View Post

Piper did you scoop this? I'm curious for a friend, lmk thanks
                Sorry haven't been on here for a while. I got a message and texted with Jeffelectric but never got pictures and the lead went cold and I haven't chased it down since I think he's in Atlanta. it's a bit of a haul for me to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Holgatelbi View Post
                  My daughter has an 1989 (+-) 17' Wahoo CC with a 88hp Evinrude Special she might want to sell. Unfortunately it
                  is in the southern Keys. Not sure where you are. Call if interested. Steve 609-206-7071
                  Sent you a text, I might be interested. I don't need much of a reason for a trip to the keys, I'm about 4 hours north so definitely interested.

Comment

Working...
                  X