Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: Whaler or Mckee type skiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WTB: Whaler or Mckee type skiff

    I know it's not a Mako but I've got a teenage son who is ready for his own boat. I can't turn him loose with the 22' mako with a 225 on the back. I'm looking for something cheap about 15' that he and his buds can get some freedom on the river here and go fish. Ideally a couple grand at MOST (really less). I'm looking for something like a whaler as it will sit in the water or on a floating dock. A 17' Mako is too big for him to winch up on a floating doc so trying to keep it smaller. Don't care about nice, the rougher and cheaper the better. Project whaler sitting in the backyard growing a tree is perfect. If anyone knows of a lead please let me know.
    I'm located in Central Florida, willing to travel some for the right boat but the northeast is a bit far...
    Thanks.
    Last edited by PiperMachine; 07-12-2019, 08:54 AM.

  • #2
    I’ve seen quite a few on Craigslist south Florida cheap
    20 Seacraft MA undergoing some work[br]

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jorgeinmiami View Post
      I’ve seen quite a few on Craigslist south Florida cheap
      Most want $5k to 10k for a decent one. I'm looking for a backyard special.

      Comment


      • #4
        PiperMachine, I have a 13' Whaler project boat I am getting ready to list for sale. Needs restoration, but has been under a tarp since I picked it up 2 years ago in Florence, SC. Hull is dry. Has what I believe to be an original Whaler trailer that could accommodate up to a 15' Whaler. Trailer is road-worthy and I installed a new light kit for it recently. I can send pics of the boat (if it ever stops raining here in Atlanta!)…..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jeffelectric1 View Post
          PiperMachine, I have a 13' Whaler project boat I am getting ready to list for sale. Needs restoration, but has been under a tarp since I picked it up 2 years ago in Florence, SC. Hull is dry. Has what I believe to be an original Whaler trailer that could accommodate up to a 15' Whaler. Trailer is road-worthy and I installed a new light kit for it recently. I can send pics of the boat (if it ever stops raining here in Atlanta!)…..
          PM sent

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PiperMachine View Post

            PM sent
            Piper did you scoop this? I'm curious for a friend, lmk thanks
            Norwalk, CT
            '79 19ft Mako - Project Thread

            Comment


            • #7
              My daughter has an 1989 (+-) 17' Wahoo CC with a 88hp Evinrude Special she might want to sell. Unfortunately it
              is in the southern Keys. Not sure where you are. Call if interested. Steve 609-206-7071
              1984 Mako 228 w/ 175hp E-Tec [br]1983 SeaRay 26\' Sundancer w/ 454 Big Block spinning Volvo DuoProps (Sold)[br]1989 Wahoo 17\' CC w/ 88hp Evinrude (vacationing in Key West)[br]

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nogis View Post

                Piper did you scoop this? I'm curious for a friend, lmk thanks
                Sorry haven't been on here for a while. I got a message and texted with Jeffelectric but never got pictures and the lead went cold and I haven't chased it down since I think he's in Atlanta. it's a bit of a haul for me to get there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Holgatelbi View Post
                  My daughter has an 1989 (+-) 17' Wahoo CC with a 88hp Evinrude Special she might want to sell. Unfortunately it
                  is in the southern Keys. Not sure where you are. Call if interested. Steve 609-206-7071
                  Sent you a text, I might be interested. I don't need much of a reason for a trip to the keys, I'm about 4 hours north so definitely interested.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X