1989 231 Mako project with bracket for sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 231 Mako project with bracket for sale

It pains me to throw in the towel here, but with two little ones and virtually no free time anymore I am putting my 231 on the auction block for someone to pick up where I left off.

I purchased the boat from another CM member 8 years ago from North Carolina. He closed in the transom, put on the bracket, installed a new aluminum fuel tank, and put a really nice aluminum trailer under her. I brought it to Ohio and planned to finish the rest of the restoration, but moved to Colorado, got married, had a couple kids and that brings me to present day. The fans here know it’s a great hull and a really great layout. I know in the right hands this boat will come back to life and be a knock out!

The whole package is as follows:

- 1989 231 with aftermarket bracket (not sure on brand but is aluminum and in great shape)
    - 1998 200 EFI Mariner outboard. 2 stroke, ran great when I put it in storage but was de-rigged in the rehab process.
    - Hatches, rubrail, c-pack, windshield, deck hardware, and console have been removed but are still with the boat and totally usable (c-packs not so much but those sucked anyway).
    - Bottom was sand blasted and is ready for fairing, barrier coat, and bottom paint. Bracket was also sand blasted.
    - I removed the t-top because it was in pretty rough shape but will include a roto molded hard top I purchased for the boat...t-top legs will need to be fabricated to fit. I will post pics of this when I can get back to the storage unit.
    - Structurally she seems great. There are some typical stress cracks and gelcoat dings but these can all be figured out easily in the rehab process.
    - The trailer is in really great shape and fits the boat well. I will make sure it is roadworthy to whomever buys it. Off the top of my head I’m sure it will need some tire love and wheel bearings re-greased since it’s sat for a while.

Price $7500 for the whole package pick up in Sandusky, OH.

Here are a few pics. When I get on my laptop I will post others and get a picture of the t-top as well.

Call, text, or DM with questions. Thanks for looking!!

Will Kruger
    330-606-7593
    kruger.will@gmail.com
    Last edited by 231Mako; 06-06-2019, 01:08 AM.
    1989 Mako 231[br]200 HP Mariner EFI - Vermilion, Ohio

Here are a couple more pics of the boat as she currently sits. I'd love to see this go to a good home!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7760 (1).jpg
Views:	239
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	541468Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7765 (1).jpg
Views:	236
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	541467Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7751 (1).jpg
Views:	235
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	541470Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7763 (1).jpg
Views:	235
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	541466Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7769 (1).jpg
Views:	238
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	541465
      Attached Files

Comment

If I had a place to store / work on this I'd be very interested. Good luck!
        Nathan Floyd[br]1992 Mako 191[br]2006 Suzuki DF150

Comment

CFO (aka wife lady) says it needs to go. BUMP for price reduction 7k OBO

Comment

Working...
          X